Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-04-2003, 04:44 AM

Default tall iris?

I have some irises that were growing in my place when I moved in. They
were sort of scattered and neglected. I still see them in places
around the neighborhood, but usually neglected.

They are about 4 feet tall. Not bearded. White with yellow. Very
elegant looking, especially as tall slender cut flowers on their 3'
stems.

Each stem usually puts out 3 flowers or so.

After flowering the leaves tend to flop over and get a bit messy,
which is why they get neglected in corners of peoples' yards, but I've
moved them into clumps and, amazingly, I get nothing but complements
from the neighbors. I tell them it's a neighborhood weed if they just
look around and they are astonished to find I'm right.

So, anyone know what they could be? I don't know what a german or
siberian iris is, but that's what I can find that looks like them.

They are flowering now, in California, with the late bearded irises
and the first of my roses. Well after any bulbs.

Anyone?

gg