Old 15-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered User

Location: Devon
Smile when to sow

Hi only really got into gardening last year, please can you advise if i have sowed my seeds too early. Currently got tomato, cucumber, courgette and pumpkin in propagaters. All seem to be growing well, but did read over the net that they should not be sowed till april. Have i sowed too early or with some TLC, will they be ok. Also last year i grew my cucumber outside, only had the one plant that i brought from the garden centre. Although i did get a crop from it it was not very many would you recommend that this year i grew them in the greenhouse.
Only have limited space in my garden but would like to grow as much as possible this year. So has anyone got any thoughts on what might be ideal to put in a small garden, that does not receive much sun(although i blame that on british weather lol)
Last year i had tomatos everywhere in grow bags, is there an alternative way to grow them that does not take up so much space.
Thanks for your thoughts and help.
happy gardening

Tiggy.
Old 20-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Registered User

Location: Devon

Hi posted this post 5 days ago and had no replies, so thought i would let you know what is happening to my seeds. sowed them about 10 days ago, they are doing really well. So i guess that answers one of my questions. sure if i keep them indooors away from the frosty mornings they should be just fine.
If anyone has any ideas on gardening in a small space i would be very grateful to hear which plants are good, hardy and annual. Preferable ones that do not grow too large.
Thanks

Tiggy.