Old 25-02-2007, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Phormium again

Okay, I find it hard to believe that online there is only one place
which sells these mail order, and I'm not sure if it's only for
wholesale or not.

Why can't people put this info on their homepage for immediate reading
by us poor saps looking for some plants?

Anyone know a reliable source for buying these mail order?

thanks,
Victoria
Old 25-02-2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jangchub wrote:
Okay, I find it hard to believe that online there is only one place
which sells these mail order, and I'm not sure if it's only for
wholesale or not.

Why can't people put this info on their homepage for immediate reading
by us poor saps looking for some plants?

Anyone know a reliable source for buying these mail order?

thanks,
Victoria

Found these at davesgarden;

http://davesgarden.com/ps/go/2450/

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 25-02-2007, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:20:14 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Jangchub contains these words:

Okay, I find it hard to believe that online there is only one place
which sells these mail order, and I'm not sure if it's only for
wholesale or not.

did you see

http://www.foxtailfarms.com/

Janet

Yes, but it appears to be wholesale. I sent an email yesterday and
hope to buy one of each of their bare root cuttings.

thanks
Old 25-02-2007, 07:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:26:41 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
Okay, I find it hard to believe that online there is only one place
which sells these mail order, and I'm not sure if it's only for
wholesale or not.

Why can't people put this info on their homepage for immediate reading
by us poor saps looking for some plants?

Anyone know a reliable source for buying these mail order?

thanks,
Victoria

Found these at davesgarden;

http://davesgarden.com/ps/go/2450/

Thanks, but the plants in gallon containers for 20 dollars plus
shipping seems extremely steep, considering how easy it is to
propagate these.

I found out that in three weeks one of the better garden centers will
have a few forms. I'll see what they have. I'm patient.

Janet, do you have seeds? If so I can pay for all shipping and send
you some seeds I have for other things.
Old 26-02-2007, 03:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Jangchub wrote:

[...]

There's about 12 domestic sources for seeds and plants on ebay.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Old 26-02-2007, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 03:40:51 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan
wrote:

There's about 12 domestic sources for seeds and plants on ebay.

Carl

When I searched on eBay as I always do, and I also sell seeds on eBay
I didn't find any plants. Can you give me links to plants? I prefer
not to fart around with seeds.

After years of being a professional grower, the last thing I now want
to do is seeds. I much prefer propagation by division which is why I
think Phormium is wonderful. If I can get enough varieties I can fund
my plant addiction every spring by providing plants to the nurseries
we all shop at.

Old 26-02-2007, 12:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

There's about 12 domestic sources for seeds and plants on ebay.

Carl

When I searched on eBay as I always do, and I also sell seeds on eBay
I didn't find any plants. Can you give me links to plants? I prefer
not to fart around with seeds.

After years of being a professional grower, the last thing I now want
to do is seeds. I much prefer propagation by division which is why I
think Phormium is wonderful. If I can get enough varieties I can fund
my plant addiction every spring by providing plants to the nurseries
we all shop at.

http://tinyurl.com/2sqkq2

There are also some plantlets out of the UK listed.
Try putting ' phormium ' in the search window.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 26-02-2007, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

There's about 12 domestic sources for seeds and plants on ebay.

Carl

When I searched on eBay as I always do, and I also sell seeds on eBay
I didn't find any plants. Can you give me links to plants? I prefer
not to fart around with seeds.

After years of being a professional grower, the last thing I now want
to do is seeds. I much prefer propagation by division which is why I
think Phormium is wonderful. If I can get enough varieties I can fund
my plant addiction every spring by providing plants to the nurseries
we all shop at.

http://tinyurl.com/2sqkq2

There are also some plantlets out of the UK listed.
Try putting ' phormium ' in the search window.

Carl

Well, 32 dollars for a gallon plant, and shipping is ridiculous. Not
to mention I'd prefer to buy plants cultivated in the United States.
I don't believe we can ship commercial plants from other countries
without permits. I'm not sure.

Thank you very much for your imput, it is well appreciated.
Victoria