Old 28-02-2007, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default brug problems

I live in Calgary, Alberta. I have overwintered a brug which has a
lot of leaves right now. I have noticed that the leaves are getting
dark green bumps on them and the leaves are starting to curl under.
there are no bugs. This also happened to some seedlings I started
last spring. Is this a nutrient problems?

Old 01-03-2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 28 Feb 2007 15:58:54 -0800, "daisylady"
wrote:

I live in Calgary, Alberta. I have overwintered a brug which has a
lot of leaves right now. I have noticed that the leaves are getting
dark green bumps on them and the leaves are starting to curl under.
there are no bugs. This also happened to some seedlings I started
last spring. Is this a nutrient problems?

http://www.abads.net/Brug-Virus/brugvirus.htm

The above website shows the two most popular virus' Brugmansia are
susceptible to. I've had a B. candida for years which outgrew the
Tobacco Mosaic Virus. I made sure I watered daily because they are in
very dry heat of Texas and they are in the Solanace aka nightshade
family. They appreciate night temps of 75 to set flowers. Only the
Brugmansia spp. will set pods of seeds for me.

I suggest you take a photo of the plants' problem and post it to
Webshots and provide a link. Make sure you uncheck their millions of
newsletters when they force you to join. If I could see it, I could
make a better decision what your problem is.

Victoria
Old 02-03-2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

thanks that was really great info. I looked up tobacco viros on the
net (pictures) and it seems that's exactly what my plant has.

Happy day

Old 02-03-2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

It could also be too much fertilizer.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

It could also be too much fertilizer.- Hide quoted text -

That cud be the problem too. This is my first brug and everyone says
they like a lot of food and it's putting out leaves fast. I have been
fertilizing a lot. I'll cut back and see what happens.
thanks

Old 02-03-2007, 01:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1 Mar 2007 19:58:35 -0800, "daisylady"
wrote:

That cud be the problem too. This is my first brug and everyone says
they like a lot of food and it's putting out leaves fast. I have been
fertilizing a lot. I'll cut back and see what happens.
thanks

They use a lot of nutrients because of their rapid soft growth. To
flower they need cool evening temps. I feed mine weekly. Or you can
also use Osmocote if it's in a container. Not an organic product, but
I will use that in containers.