Old 18-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Rupert

Default How do I fight grubs naturally?

My wife is pregnant, so I want to avoid things like BugBGone,
Diazinon, and Grub-X. I have grubs in my lawn last summer and I want
to avoid this if at all possible this year- they ravaged my lawn. Any
thoughts? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matthew Rupert
Old 18-04-2003, 10:56 PM
John

I have heard that Milky Spores are the best natural way to get rid of grubs.
I will be trying it this year. It is expensive to start, but it is supposed
to last up to 20 years.

http://www.milkyspore.com/

Old 19-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Penny Morgan

Have you tried Milky Spore? It is supposed to last about 20 years in the
soil and kill any larvae (grubs) present. It is a bacteria and not a
chemical based product. I'm not sure is nematodes would do anything or not.
You could probably ask a local garden center about them and see what they
say.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
om...

Old 19-04-2003, 04:32 AM
BiG Orange

"Rupert" wrote in message
om...
My wife is pregnant, so I want to avoid things like BugBGone,
Diazinon, and Grub-X. I have grubs in my lawn last summer and I want
to avoid this if at all possible this year- they ravaged my lawn. Any
thoughts? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Has anyone used those bag a bug things? I love it when I see someone at the
end of the street put one up because all the beetles go there. LOL

Old 19-04-2003, 06:56 PM
NAearthMOM

I can hardly wait for the day when I have nothing but a tiny piece of turf to

My dream come true!
After getting a $3,500 bill to re-do our front yard (basically with WAY boring
azlaleas & rhodis), after the japanease specimens were ravaged by contractors,
my husband has given me free rein (SP?) to put in whatever I like.
I just put in a TON of dahlias, YOUR cannas, some lilies, crocosmia, and some
other plantings where we yanked out the failing arborvitae. This is in the
back. Plus now MY back is feeling it already!
Love Caryn (lawn? what lawn?)

"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Old 19-04-2003, 09:56 PM

Just FYI and to set your mind at ease... the first 4 months of pregnancy is the most
crucial time to stay away from "stuff". after that there is a diminishing
possibility of most things affecting the baby.
that being said, milky spores is biological. a good thing in and of itself. Ingrid

On 18 Apr 2003 11:31:34 -0700, (Rupert) wrote:
My wife is pregnant, so I want to avoid things like BugBGone,
Diazinon, and Grub-X. I have grubs in my lawn last summer and I want
to avoid this if at all possible this year- they ravaged my lawn. Any
thoughts? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 19-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Mceezee

My wife is pregnant, so I want to avoid things like BugBGone,
Diazinon, and Grub-X. I have grubs in my lawn last summer and I want
to avoid this if at all possible this year- they ravaged my lawn. Any
thoughts? Any suggestions

I have read that if you put out shallow pans of beer the grubs will go to it,
and then drown. I have never tried this myself but can't imagine how you would
do it all over the lawn.
Old 19-04-2003, 10:56 PM
David Modine

"Mceezee" wrote in message
My wife is pregnant, so I want to avoid things like BugBGone,
Diazinon, and Grub-X. I have grubs in my lawn last summer and I want
to avoid this if at all possible this year- they ravaged my lawn. Any
thoughts? Any suggestions

I have read that if you put out shallow pans of beer the grubs will go to

it,
and then drown. I have never tried this myself but can't imagine how you

would
do it all over the lawn.

Ive heard that works for slugs, but never heard of it for grubs.
OTOH, slugs sure are grubby.

Old 21-04-2003, 02:44 AM
TakeThisOut

I have read that if you put out shallow pans of beer the grubs will go to it,
and then drown.

Thats TEENAGERS not grubs. And they don't really drown, they just pass out.

..
..
..
..