Old 19-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Polar

Default Erica caniculata rosea

Have been calling local (LA area) nurseries
but nobody seems to have heard of it.

Landscaper put in 3 last year. One died.
She declined to replace it. I don't know where she got it;
probably a wholesale to the trade place. We are out of touch.

Conducted an extensive Web search, but no luck;
very few mentions of the shrub (also sold as Erica Melanthera
or Christmas heather).

Any referrals/sources welcome. TIA

--

Zone 24/8
So. Calif Coastal

Polar

Old 20-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Eugene Ferreira

Seed can be ordered from the National Botanic gardens in Kirstenbosch, South
Africa. Try http://www.nbi.ac.za/

Old 20-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Polar

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 07:49:07 +0200, "Eugene Ferreira"
wrote:

Seed can be ordered from the National Botanic gardens in Kirstenbosch, South
Africa. Try http://www.nbi.ac.za/

Thanks, Eugene. I know it's of South African provenance,
so it's good to have a source for seeds.

However, I am looking for a fairly mature plant to go with the other
two big ones that survived.

Any leads to a So. Cal/LA nursery, whether wholesale or retail,
would be welcomed.

.. .

Old 21-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Eugene Ferreira

wrote:

Seed can be ordered from the National Botanic gardens in Kirstenbosch,

South
Africa. Try http://www.nbi.ac.za/

Thanks, Eugene. I know it's of South African provenance,
so it's good to have a source for seeds.

However, I am looking for a fairly mature plant to go with the other
two big ones that survived.

Any leads to a So. Cal/LA nursery, whether wholesale or retail,
would be welcomed.

Sorry, can't help you with that. The Erica's is quite difficult to grow from
seed since they need to be exposed to fire, or smoke at least, to germinate.
You can also try http://www.silverhillseeds.co.za/ for seed, they have a
better on-line presence.

[IMG] code is On

Albizia Julibrissin Rosea flowering in England ? Anthony Stokes United Kingdom 47 30-12-2006 11:16 AM
Crataegus Oxyacantha "Rosea Flore Pleno" (Hawthorn) les United Kingdom 3 12-06-2004 11:13 PM
Clowesia rosea Rob Halgren Orchids 0 29-04-2003 02:56 PM
Encyclia cordigera v. rosea photos Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 0 24-04-2003 01:08 PM
Erica Carnea Springwood Pink Charlie United Kingdom 1 23-03-2003 01:08 PM