Old 21-05-2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens

Default lining a whiskey barrel

First of all, I am not an "IT." Second, someone pointed out that
Walmart is NOT cheaper and I replied to that by saying THAT is the
laziness of the consumer. They assume it is cheaper priced because it
is sold at Walmart. I also said I shop at Walmart. Bill is a servere
case of narcissitic, self worship.

On Mon, 21 May 2007 12:59:40 -0700, Bill Rose
wrote:

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Bill Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"jangchub"

Zombies back from the dead. I killed this author as
and here it is, back from the grave. Get a lot of rejection do you?

- Bill

What are you talking about???

You'd be amazed how often I get that JoeSpareBedroom. Sorry I had to
piggy-back off of your post but I went and "kill filed"
a.k.a.
. Boy, I hate doing
re-work. There is enough stupid in the world already so, I try to trim
some of it out of my life. Last time around "it" was leaving the country
because of some radio commercial. This time "it" blames the victims for
shopping at Wally World because they hope to save a few dimes to pay for
electricity or fix the car before it dies. Not everyone knows about the
book "Fast Food Nation" or has the time to watch the DVD "The High Cost
of Low Price". Those of us that do, need to bang the pots and point out
how we are getting ripped-off. Do you (I know you know JoeSpareBedroom
but since I got the soapbox, I might as well preachify a little.) really
want to wear Nikes, when you know the person making them got a couple of
dollars a day, if they are lucky? Do you really want to raise the price
of food by chasing off the Mexicans? Some of whom came to their old
country because, welfare for agri-corporations in the US of A in 2005
totaled a staggering $21,057,000,000. Would you be surprised to know
that Mexican farmers have a hard to impossible time competing against
American grown corn? Harumph!

Anyway, I've had enough vain, arrogant, stupid to last me a life-time.
Jangchub goes in my "kill file". I got more important things to **** me
off.

Sorry for the misunderstanding JoeSpareBedroom. Your one of the
good-guys in my book.

I really got to talk to my doctor about my meds. Well, that's all from
ol' alligator mouth for now.

- Bill

Affirmations for Personal Growth

1. As I let go of my feelings of guilt, I am in touch with my inner
sociopath.
2. I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels
of suspicion and paranoia.
3. I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are
someone else's fault.
4. I no longer need to punish, deceive, or compromise myself, unless I
want to stay employed.
5. In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
6. Having control over myself is almost as good as having control over
others.
7. My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of self-judgment.
8. I honor my personality flaws for without them I would have no
personality at all.
9. I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious,
self-righteous people around me.
10. I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper, and
complain.
11. As I learn the innermost secrets of people around me, they reward me
in many ways to keep me quiet.
12. When someone hurts me, I know that forgiveness is cheaper than a
lawsuit, but not nearly as gratifying.
13. The first step is to say nice things about myself. The second, to do
nice things for myself. The third, to find someone to buy me nice
things.
14. As I learn to trust the universe, I no longer need to carry a gun.
15. All of me is beautiful, even the ugly, stupid, and disgusting parts.
16. I am at one with my duality.
17. Blessed are the flexible, for they can tie themselves into knots.
18. Only a lack of imagination saves me from immobilizing myself with
imaginary fears.
19. I will strive to live each day as if it were my 50th birthday.
20. I honor and express all facets of my being, regardless of state and
local laws.
21. Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no
sweeter words than "I told you so!"
22. False hope is better than no hope at all.
23. A good scapegoat is almost as good as a solution.
24. Who can I blame for my problems? Just give me a minute.... I'll find
someone.
26. Why should I waste my time reliving the past when I can spend it
worrying about the future?
27. The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy
is working.
28. I am learning that criticism is not nearly as effective as sabotage.
29. Becoming aware of my character defects leads me naturally to the
next step of blaming my parents.
30. To have a successful relationship I must learn to make it look like
I'm giving as much as I'm getting.
31. I am willing to make the mistakes if someone else is willing to
learn from them.
32. Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if
he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

Old 22-05-2007, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens

zxcvbob wrote in news:5bc9tsF2shavkU1
@mid.individual.net:

I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition! ;-)

No one EVER expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Old 22-05-2007, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens

On 5/20/2007 5:11 PM, Manelli Family wrote:

Persephone wrote in message
On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:48:19 -0500, "Manelli Family"
wrote:

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
If I buy a half whiskey barrel at HD, Menard's, or Lowe's, will clear 6
mil plastic be good enough for lining it so it will hold water? I
assume
it won't hold water without a liner even after the wood swells up.
I want
to plant a lotus seedling in it. I'm too cheap to buy a commercial
barrel
liner. Thanks.

Bob

Buy a cheap shower curtain liner at WalMart.

Or maybe some store, like maybe Costco, that treats their staff like
human beings, and doesn't throw them on the taxpayers for medical
care. And does not force their suppliers to cut prices so far that
they, in turn, are forced to go offshore, costing more Americans their
jobs.

Frontline -- the best program on TV for my money -- a few months ago
aired a thorough examination of Walmart's ripple effect on our
economy.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

Persephone

They cost less than $4. Line
barrel and cut of excess. They're heavy enough to last several years,
if not
longer.

Not eveyone has acess to a Costco. Everyone has a WalMart. Yes, I agree,
they're pretty bad but you can find anything there for less than
anywhere else. For those of us who are retired or making a low income,
they're the place to shop.

No $ General? Importer, but they don't claim otherwise.

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

Always consider the source before taking advice.
--John Navas
Old 22-05-2007, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens

FragileWarrior wrote:
zxcvbob wrote in news:5bc9tsF2shavkU1
@mid.individual.net:

I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition! ;-)

No one EVER expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Thank-you. I thought nobody noticed. sniff

Bob

[IMG] code is On

Whiskey Barrel Biofilter Benign Vanilla Ponds 3 27-07-2004 04:06 PM
Whiskey Barrel Biofilter Bill Stock Ponds 7 23-07-2004 05:04 PM
whiskey barrel pond Sandy Ponds 7 25-06-2003 04:44 AM
Planting in whiskey barrel Guendol Gardening 1 01-06-2003 12:44 PM
planting in a whiskey barrel seepnezorf1 Gardening 3 27-05-2003 12:56 PM