Old 01-06-2007, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Someone do a rain dance, please

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
.. .
"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

Hey Frag,

how soon after you do the turtle spit thing is it suppose to rain?
it hasn't worked yet...........

Rae

It was about 26 hours later here. Want me to send you some spit?
Maybe mine is *special*.

(laughing)
No thanks!
(more laughing)
I think my husband's works just fine..........................(still
laughing!)
Sorry - couldn't resist - but seriously now.
You must have looked at your local forecast before you made your
turtle. I bet if we did it (the turtle thing!) again saturday - it
will rain sunday (even though they said this morning we will only get
about an inch)

We were only supposed to have a 20% chance of rain but they had said that
pretty much every day for weeks before my spit-take. I'll be honest,
though, I chose to do it in the middle of an ancient native American
encampment site. I think the spirits of those old Americans might have
sensed the urgency in my spit. I only have a few days to search that
field for artifacts before the crops get too big and I couldn't search
well without rain. It rained the next day and I hit the motherlode in
that field. I'd like to think it worked like that, at any rate.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

Now that makes more sense to me. wonder if an old civil war battleground
would work as well................plenty of them around here. this has
already become the 2nd driest season on record for our area. the expected
inch won't even put a dent in our problem. it probably won't even take an
hour for the ground to soak it up. I'm beginning to think we need a
tropical storm with lots of rain, but with out the winds and thunderstorms

Old 01-06-2007, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

[...]

Er... be careful what you wish for -- you may just get it. After a few
days of rain I was wondering how to get my spit back.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

Now that makes more sense to me. wonder if an old civil war
battleground would work as well................

What do you think, Buderschnookie?

If you want, Rachael, I'll go to my 5000 Spells book and look up the spells
for rain again but I think the turtle was, by far, the easiest to do.

When you made your turtle, did you remember the tail? I think the tail is
very important since that's sort of the... um... water end. ))
Old 02-06-2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

Now that makes more sense to me. wonder if an old civil war
battleground would work as well................

What do you think, Buderschnookie?

If you want, Rachael, I'll go to my 5000 Spells book and look up the
spells
for rain again but I think the turtle was, by far, the easiest to do.

When you made your turtle, did you remember the tail? I think the tail is
very important since that's sort of the... um... water end. ))

Yeah - he remembered that. you must have saw my local forecast b4 i
did.......... a few hours after my comment about a tropical storm, they did
a break-in thing on the tv about TS Barry! looks like we are finally gonna
get some much needed rain! not too much - but just enough

Old 02-06-2007, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

Now that makes more sense to me. wonder if an old civil war
battleground would work as well................

What do you think, Buderschnookie?

If you want, Rachael, I'll go to my 5000 Spells book and look up the
spells
for rain again but I think the turtle was, by far, the easiest to do.

When you made your turtle, did you remember the tail? I think the
tail is very important since that's sort of the... um... water end.
))

Yeah - he remembered that. you must have saw my local forecast b4 i
did.......... a few hours after my comment about a tropical storm,
they did a break-in thing on the tv about TS Barry! looks like we are
finally gonna get some much needed rain! not too much - but just
enough

Your turtle worked. It just moved slower than mine.

(I told ya, I gotz MAGIC SPIT!)
Old 04-06-2007, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

somebody can stop dancing up here in Milwaukee. we are looking at another week of
rain. sigh. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan
Old 04-06-2007, 06:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
wrote:

somebody can stop dancing up here in Milwaukee. we are looking at another
week of
rain. sigh. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up:
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...s=Group+lookup
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Uh, does the polka count?
-Billy
Old 04-06-2007, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

TS barry only brought us about 1 &1/2 inches of rain. Didn't even begin to
touch the now almost ten inch rain deficient. It's so dry here that it
didn't even take an hour for all the rain to dry up. Oh well, I guess we
are gonna have to keep praying, dancing, spitting, and snake killing around
here. Either that or go ahead and agree with Frag that he must have "magic"
spit................

Parched & burnt in NC
Rae

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

somebody can stop dancing up here in Milwaukee. we are looking at
another
week of
rain. sigh. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up:
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...s=Group+lookup
www.drsolo.com
I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold
website.
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Uh, does the polka count?
-Billy

Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

TS barry only brought us about 1 &1/2 inches of rain. Didn't even
begin to touch the now almost ten inch rain deficient. It's so dry
here that it didn't even take an hour for all the rain to dry up. Oh
well, I guess we are gonna have to keep praying, dancing, spitting,
and snake killing around here. Either that or go ahead and agree with
Frag that he must have "magic" spit................

Parched & burnt in NC
Rae

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
wrote:

somebody can stop dancing up here in Milwaukee. we are looking at
another
week of
rain. sigh. Ingrid

She.

And I think it was the location AND the magic spit.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

How to STOP rain from The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells:

"It's recommened that women expose their genitals to a storm to quiet it.
(Note, not MEN: exposing male genitals is interpreted as a challenge and we
never want to challenge nature when it really matters as an even more
destructive storm may result.)

There are other spells but this one amused me the most.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

TS barry only brought us about 1 &1/2 inches of rain. Didn't even
begin to touch the now almost ten inch rain deficient. It's so dry
here that it didn't even take an hour for all the rain to dry up. Oh
well, I guess we are gonna have to keep praying, dancing, spitting,
and snake killing around here. Either that or go ahead and agree with
Frag that he must have "magic" spit................

Parched & burnt in NC
Rae

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
wrote:

somebody can stop dancing up here in Milwaukee. we are looking at
another
week of
rain. sigh. Ingrid

She.

And I think it was the location AND the magic spit.

Sorry! I thought i put she/he?. that's what i meant to put anyways - my
mind was moving faster than my fingers. believe it or not - they actually
put out a twister warning for my county at the same time I had started
writing that post. I was mainly thinking about getting it sent and getting
the comp off. We just had 2 more inches of rain in 30 minutes. I guess our
spit must just be working in spells.........i still agree with the theory of
your rain being because of the location.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

TS barry only brought us about 1 &1/2 inches of rain. Didn't even
begin to touch the now almost ten inch rain deficient. It's so dry
here that it didn't even take an hour for all the rain to dry up.
Oh well, I guess we are gonna have to keep praying, dancing,
spitting, and snake killing around here. Either that or go ahead
and agree with Frag that he must have "magic" spit................

Parched & burnt in NC
Rae

"Billy Rose" wrote in message

u. ..
In article ,
wrote:

somebody can stop dancing up here in Milwaukee. we are looking at
another
week of
rain. sigh. Ingrid

She.

And I think it was the location AND the magic spit.

Sorry! I thought i put she/he?. that's what i meant to put anyways -
my mind was moving faster than my fingers. believe it or not - they
actually put out a twister warning for my county at the same time I
had started writing that post. I was mainly thinking about getting it
sent and getting the comp off. We just had 2 more inches of rain in
30 minutes. I guess our spit must just be working in spells.........i
still agree with the theory of your rain being because of the
location.

That's why your spit didn't work. You're a non-believer. :P~
Old 05-06-2007, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

How to STOP rain from The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells:

"It's recommened that women expose their genitals to a storm to quiet it.
(Note, not MEN: exposing male genitals is interpreted as a challenge and we
never want to challenge nature when it really matters as an even more
destructive storm may result.)

There are other spells but this one amused me the most.

Blatant sexism, that's what it is, plain and simple. Try to doing your
civic duty of helping with the rain problem and what happens? You end up
registering with the local authorities for the rest of you life.
Ingrates.

- Billy
Old 05-06-2007, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 6/4/07 6:55 PM, in article ,
"FragileWarrior" wrote:

How to STOP rain from The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells:

"It's recommened that women expose their genitals to a storm to quiet it.
(Note, not MEN: exposing male genitals is interpreted as a challenge and we
never want to challenge nature when it really matters as an even more
destructive storm may result.)

There are other spells but this one amused me the most.

Quietly giggling!

[IMG] code is On

Shrub Gift for someone who likes Tango (Dance) Pauline Mulford United Kingdom 13 30-10-2013 03:30 PM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 04:42 PM
Rain Dance Tim Edible Gardening 11 01-07-2007 04:06 PM
Rain Dance Tim Gardening 10 30-06-2007 12:15 PM
Rain Dance Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 1 29-06-2007 06:12 PM