Old 28-05-2007, 08:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Someone do a rain dance, please

I wish that front would come on over then. The first of last week I watched
it rain all around our house, but not a drop touched our yard. The few
remaining plants & bushes I have (the ones the goats didn't get!) could
really use some help, not mention the hay & corn fields around here. Wheat
fields are loving it though.

My dad & grandpa(s) used to do that whenever he killed a snake in the yard.
Heard that saying all my life, don't remember if there's much truth to it
though.

My two year old would love your fake snake "remedy". We have plenty of hose
pipes and old water hoses he could use. You just gave me a great idea for a
new game to play with him outside when he gets back.

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
.. .
"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

good ole' north carolina - the southeast part of NC that is. we are
about 9 inches below normal for our immediate area in the rain-fall
department........

Oh dear. I thought they said some of this current slow moving front was
coming your way, no? Well, get a piece of hose, pretend it's a snake,
have
the whole family take a whack at it and hang it in a tree. Can't hurt
nuthin', at least.

Old 28-05-2007, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

My two year old would love your fake snake "remedy". We have plenty of
hose pipes and old water hoses he could use. You just gave me a great
idea for a new game to play with him outside when he gets back.

You can hang a "snake" from every tree!
Old 28-05-2007, 08:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

I did and we got 1 1/2 inch plus the neighbors got a laugh

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 28-05-2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

I wonder if it would work if my little boy danced?

*oh wait a minute - he does that all the time anyway.....................oh
well!

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I did and we got 1 1/2 inch plus the neighbors got a laugh

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 28-05-2007, 11:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

just saw the local forcast on the 6 o'clock news. said we had a slight
chance for isolated rain and storms fri-sun of this coming weekend. i guess
it will do like last week and rain all around us, but not on us.......oh let
us pray, "lord, save the crops and the flowers and the gardens!"
maybe we will blessed with rain also.

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I did and we got 1 1/2 inch plus the neighbors got a laugh

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 29-05-2007, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

My two year old would love your fake snake "remedy". We have plenty of
hose pipes and old water hoses he could use. You just gave me a great
idea for a new game to play with him outside when he gets back.

You can hang a "snake" from every tree!

Uh, Frag, what's this about nekkid pictures and snake fetishes? There's
a known cure for celibacy, you know. Get help before it's too late.
- Bill
Old 29-05-2007, 11:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

just saw the local forcast on the 6 o'clock news. said we had a slight
chance for isolated rain and storms fri-sun of this coming weekend. i guess
it will do like last week and rain all around us, but not on us.......oh let
us pray, "lord, save the crops and the flowers and the gardens!"
maybe we will blessed with rain also.

It rained up in Maine Saturday night. All weekend rain was predicted
for my home area down in Mass. We drove home from Maine on Sunday
through rain. Got close to my area, and it stopped. We didn't get a
drop of rain on my gardens down here. I'm doing a nekked garden
raindance this evening! )
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 29-05-2007, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 29, 3:33 am, Ann wrote:

It rained up in Maine Saturday night. All weekend rain was predicted
for my home area down in Mass. We drove home from Maine on Sunday
through rain. Got close to my area, and it stopped. We didn't get a
drop of rain on my gardens down here. I'm doing a nekked garden
raindance this evening! )
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

No rain here since May 2 and none likely until Sept.
Even rain dances won't help, nekkid or otherwise;
that's the way it is here in Nor Cal. But nekkid dances
might be fun. Will see if the old babes in the garden
club might participate at our annual potluck!
Emilie
NorCal

Old 29-05-2007, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

hey frag,
neighbor down the road just killed a 14ft rattlesnake...............that's
definitely a record around here. maybe it will pour down rain soon now!

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message

Ah, I can't kill a snake. Don't worry, the turtle/spit thingy worked. In
fact, I may have to go back and get my spit back because it's not supposed
to stop for a week.

Old 29-05-2007, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

hey frag,
neighbor down the road just killed a 14ft
rattlesnake...............that's definitely a record around here.
maybe it will pour down rain soon now!

Holy cra... er... cow! If that doesn't getcha rain, you'll have to retire
that Old Wive's Tale.

I almost creamed a snake today while he was deciding whether or not to
cross the road. That made me revamp this old joke:

Q: Why did the snake cross the road?

A: Because he decided it would be a good day to get road stomped by a car
-- and the semi behind it -- going 55 mph.

Yeah, I know... keep my day job.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

Hey Frag,

how soon after you do the turtle spit thing is it suppose to rain? it
hasn't worked yet...........

Rae

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My seedlings
are
this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so hard I have to use
pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the forecasts but the promised
weekend rain looks to be getting less and less likely. Someone do a rain
dance or tell me how to do one. I'm thinking that our Black Spring is
going to be followed by a Toasty Brown Summer.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

Hey Frag,

how soon after you do the turtle spit thing is it suppose to rain? it
hasn't worked yet...........

Rae

It was about 26 hours later here. Want me to send you some spit? Maybe
mine is *special*.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
.. .
"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

Hey Frag,

how soon after you do the turtle spit thing is it suppose to rain? it
hasn't worked yet...........

Rae

It was about 26 hours later here. Want me to send you some spit? Maybe
mine is *special*.

(laughing)
No thanks!
(more laughing)
I think my husband's works just fine..........................(still
laughing!)
Sorry - couldn't resist - but seriously now.
You must have looked at your local forecast before you made your turtle. I
bet if we did it (the turtle thing!) again saturday - it will rain sunday
(even though they said this morning we will only get about an inch)

[IMG] code is On

Shrub Gift for someone who likes Tango (Dance) Pauline Mulford United Kingdom 13 30-10-2013 03:30 PM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 04:42 PM
Rain Dance Tim Edible Gardening 11 01-07-2007 04:06 PM
Rain Dance Tim Gardening 10 30-06-2007 12:15 PM
Rain Dance Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 1 29-06-2007 06:12 PM