Old 27-05-2007, 12:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default absorbing pellets

I saw a commercial for yearroundtomatoes.com or something like that
where you get a kit with absorbing little balls and you only have to
water it every six weeks, you put it in a bag and hang the tomato
plant up, I would like to try this without buying a $20 kit. Does
anyone know what the this magic dirt is?
Thanks,
Ramey

Old 27-05-2007, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

On May 26, 6:38 pm, Green Giant wrote:
I saw a commercial for yearroundtomatoes.com or something like that
where you get a kit with absorbing little balls and you only have to
water it every six weeks, you put it in a bag and hang the tomato
plant up, I would like to try this without buying a $20 kit. Does
anyone know what the this magic dirt is?
Thanks,
Ramey

My guess is their using "soil moist" crystals. You can buy the
crystals and try adding them to your soil and see if it works. Its
cheaper than buying the kit.

Old 27-05-2007, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

blumby wrote in news:1180223998.311797.47480
@p47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

On May 26, 6:38 pm, Green Giant wrote:
I saw a commercial for yearroundtomatoes.com or something like that
where you get a kit with absorbing little balls and you only have to
water it every six weeks, you put it in a bag and hang the tomato
plant up, I would like to try this without buying a $20 kit. Does
anyone know what the this magic dirt is?
Thanks,
Ramey

My guess is their using "soil moist" crystals. You can buy the
crystals and try adding them to your soil and see if it works. Its
cheaper than buying the kit.

Coconut fibre holds a lot of moisture for a long time, too.