Old 11-06-2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default How to hide well head?

We have a well head that sticks out of a hill in a very rocky place
where I have not been able to get anything to grow.

A neighbor bought one of those plastic fake rocks to cover theirs, but
they are very expensive ($60) and look much too fake to me.

Any other ideas for a simple way to hide this ugly 2 ft pipe that sticks
out of the ground? It must be removable so that if the pump breaks the
well can be opened and serviced.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:50:39 -0400, Jenny
wrote:

We have a well head that sticks out of a hill in a very rocky place
where I have not been able to get anything to grow.

A neighbor bought one of those plastic fake rocks to cover theirs, but
they are very expensive ($60) and look much too fake to me.

Any other ideas for a simple way to hide this ugly 2 ft pipe that sticks
out of the ground? It must be removable so that if the pump breaks the
well can be opened and serviced.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Paint the pipe the same color and pattern as the surrounding area. It
may help to take a few photos to get a better idea.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:50:39 -0400, Jenny wrote:
Any other ideas for a simple way to hide this ugly 2 ft pipe that sticks
out of the ground? It must be removable so that if the pump breaks the
well can be opened and serviced.

What item makes sense in that location? A small table and a pair of
chairs if it's in shade perhaps? A planter? A trellis? Statuary on a
pedestal? Between a couple rows of crops that could be disturbed if
needed to get to the well, like grapes or raspberries? Storage shed
constructed so a portion can be pulled for well access?

Old 12-06-2007, 03:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Jenny wrote:

We have a well head that sticks out of a hill in a very rocky place
where I have not been able to get anything to grow.

A neighbor bought one of those plastic fake rocks to cover theirs, but
they are very expensive ($60) and look much too fake to me.

Any other ideas for a simple way to hide this ugly 2 ft pipe that sticks
out of the ground? It must be removable so that if the pump breaks the
well can be opened and serviced.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Plant rhubarb plants around it. Fertilize them heavily.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Jenny" wrote in message
. ..
We have a well head that sticks out of a hill in a very rocky place where
I have not been able to get anything to grow.

A neighbor bought one of those plastic fake rocks to cover theirs, but
they are very expensive ($60) and look much too fake to me.

Any other ideas for a simple way to hide this ugly 2 ft pipe that sticks
out of the ground? It must be removable so that if the pump breaks the
well can be opened and serviced.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Most folks around here construct an edifice just for the well and its
supporting stuff, like the reservoir tank. Its called a well house. What
you're talking about isn't meant for decorative appeal. An outbuilding
isn't always an outhouse.
Dave

Old 12-06-2007, 10:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

A fake rock.

I got RK1 Well Stone Camouflage Rock (Dekorra Products) for $64 from
Amazon, now listed as unavailable there though.
--
Ron Hardin

Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dave" wrote in
hlink.net:

"Jenny" wrote in message
. ..
We have a well head that sticks out of a hill in a very rocky place
where I have not been able to get anything to grow.

A neighbor bought one of those plastic fake rocks to cover theirs,
but they are very expensive ($60) and look much too fake to me.

Any other ideas for a simple way to hide this ugly 2 ft pipe that
sticks out of the ground? It must be removable so that if the pump
breaks the well can be opened and serviced.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Most folks around here construct an edifice just for the well and its
supporting stuff, like the reservoir tank. Its called a well house.
What you're talking about isn't meant for decorative appeal. An
outbuilding isn't always an outhouse.
Dave

I'd build an outhouse, complete with half-moon on the door. And then I'd
find some way to make hollyhocks grow all around it. But that's just me.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Ron Hardin wrote in news:466E54A7.1159
@mindspring.com:

A fake rock.

I got RK1 Well Stone Camouflage Rock (Dekorra Products) for $64 from
Amazon, now listed as unavailable there though.

Or make one. Use chicken wire on a wood frame and canvas for the "rock".
Paint to look like a rock.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:44:46 -0500, dr-solo wrote:

ours is close to the house. we put a large concrete bird bath on top of
it. ...

Hey hey hey! That's the winner!