Old 19-09-2007, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Peace lily questions

Hello All,

This is a follow-up question to an earlier post regarding peace lilies
that were fading once repotted. Of the five resulting pots, two are
doing well, one has died, and two are still semi-alive. I was hoping
the semi-alive ones would gradually recover but they're still in a
somewhat flaccid but not dead state.

The advice I got last time was "don't touch the leaves" and "if the
root ball is small in relation to the pot size, uproot them, wash off
the roots, and repot in a smaller pot with fresh soil."

So my plan is to see if I can move them to a smaller pot that's more
appropriate for the root ball size. Do I need to use fresh soil if I
put them in a smaller pot? I only repotted them a couple of months ago
so the soil is not that old.

If the pot size is not the problem, what other issues could the plant
be having? I'm already controlling moisture and sunlight
appropriately.

Thanks,
_Chris

[IMG] code is On

Plant Peace Lily outside? TLR Texas 5 01-04-2006 10:59 PM
Spathiphyllum, Peace Lily tvksi Gardening 13 03-11-2005 11:14 PM
Peace Lily advice Angela United Kingdom 5 05-02-2004 06:45 PM
Peace Lily Bill D Gardening 1 27-04-2003 10:44 PM
Peace Lily joe Ponds 13 27-02-2003 06:10 PM