Old 17-11-2007, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default A planting primer for trees and shrubs

symplastless wrote:
Don

The only thing I know about forestry is that too often the practicing
foresters for the US Forest Service do not communicate well with the US
Forest Service researchers.
E.g., many timber sales have been carried out in the Allegheny National
Forest as if these examples did not exist.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...tml/index.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...tml/index.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...102/index.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...182/index.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...191/index.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...-53/index.html

Oh well. I like to read this type of stuff. Any suggestions on other docs
to read? BTW there are some very good researchers, I.e., that is left after
Bush, with the USFS.

Ah, still using others work as your own, sad.

Beware a so called tree biologist that has never studied biology.
Old 17-11-2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

symplastless wrote:
You say you are a forester?

What does that mean?

Check your "dictionary".

Beware a so called tee biologist that never studied biology.
Old 17-11-2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

symplastless wrote:
Don Staples

You are a perfect example of someone who claims to be a tree expert yet has
no understanding of tree biology. Sad! You are a trouble maker. You are
the devils advocate.

Oh, show me where I ever claimed to be an "expert", I am a forester with
college degrees.

You are?

Ah, in this constantly changing world, it is reassuring to know that
somethings never change. Excellent work gentlemen.

Thank you, always willing to entertain the unwashed masses.
Old 18-11-2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"D. Staples" wrote:

symplastless wrote:
Don Staples

You are a perfect example of someone who claims to be a tree expert yet
has
no understanding of tree biology. Sad! You are a trouble maker. You
are
the devils advocate.

Oh, show me where I ever claimed to be an "expert", I am a forester with
college degrees.

You are?

Ah, in this constantly changing world, it is reassuring to know that
somethings never change. Excellent work gentlemen.

Thank you, always willing to entertain the unwashed masses.

Between "With Mind"
And "With-Out Mind,"
The pine tree breeze!
How do you want us
To listen to you in the garden?
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 20-11-2007, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

- - - - - - - - - -- -
Don Staples quotes -

1. "Oh, show me where I ever claimed to be an "expert", I am a forester
with college degrees."

2. "You need to read your dictionary and learn the difference between
elements and chemicals."

3. "What difference does it make? I will match your BS with my first BS.
Now, tell me about John's education, that allows him to be a tree biologist.
What ever that is."
- - - - - - - - - - -

Don, I have two serious question for you. What is the substrate for the
base of the food web in a forest? When I say forest, I mean a highly
ordered arrangement of organisms living in, on, and around the ecological
stages of trees, in such a highly ordered fashion that it assures high
quality survival for all. When I say food I mean a substance that provides
and energy source, mostly. A man once asked this question when he was
investigating what treatments to carry out on his property which had many
ecological stages of trees.

Also what ecological stages of trees do you believe should be removed from a
forest and why? I ask you these questions because you claim you have these
college degrees and you claim you are a forester. Your email address leads
one to think you have knowledge on the management of trees and their
associates. Thus suggesting they contact you regarding forest health. So
please, use your degrees and address these two questions.

1. What is the substrate for the base of the food web in a forest?
2. What ecological stages of trees do you believe should be removed from a
forest and why?

Beware of so called foresters who do not understand the ecological stages of
trees with respect to the chemistry between them and their
associates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 20-11-2007, 04:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

You are not Don Staples yet I like your idea.

We really need to legalize commercial hemp for products man requires. No,
ifs ands or buts! Its not a choice but a responsibility.

And the substrate is the course woody debris. Which is left behind.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:29:31 -0500, "symplastless"
wrote:

- - - - - - - - - -- -
[...]

That would be the fungal mat made up primarily of mychorrizae and
actinomycetes.

Next question.

Also what ecological stages of trees do you believe should be removed from
forest and why? I ask you these questions because you claim you have
these
college degrees and you claim you are a forester. Your email address
leads
one to think you have knowledge on the management of trees and their
associates. Thus suggesting they contact you regarding forest health. So
please, use your degrees and address these two questions.

Trees should never be removed from the forest, particularly from a
climax forest. Sometimes saplings can be removed from dense forests
because they sit virtually dormant until neighboring trees fall. This
must happen in order to get enough light to begin to grow again.

But you do not have to remove the wood.

Old 20-11-2007, 05:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

We really need to legalize commercial hemp for products man requires. No,
ifs ands or buts! Its not a choice but a responsibility.

But, that would affect the profits of the tobacco and alcohol industries
not to mention that people can get bronchitis from cannabis, even if it
does seem to offer some protection from cancer.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 20-11-2007, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

symplastless wrote:
You are not Don Staples yet I like your idea.

We really need to legalize commercial hemp for products man requires. No,
ifs ands or buts! Its not a choice but a responsibility.

And the substrate is the course woody debris. Which is left behind.

You still show your ignorance of forests and forestry, perhaps more
reading of Dr. Shigo would help you.

Hemp has been discredited for years due to the agricultural needs, and
the limited types of fiber produced. It is nothing more than a choice,
with better products available.

Still waiting on your academic accreditations.

Beware a so called tree biologist that never studied biology.

[IMG] code is On

A "planting primer" for trees and shrubs (plantman article) Earl Gardening 1 11-03-2005 12:10 AM
Primer on Plant Nutrition Ray Orchids 0 14-08-2004 03:19 PM
Algae primer test Ka30P Ponds 16 10-08-2004 05:57 PM
Why do mowers have primer bulbs? Mainframe Lawns 22 19-06-2004 02:06 PM
[IBC] Chamaecyparis soil type question - and a small Google primer kevin bailey Bonsai 0 04-08-2003 11:02 AM