Old 15-11-2007, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default lawn help / suggestions

"None" wrote in message
I was just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these water hose
reels?

no. LOL

I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are
worth it, any help would really be great? OR if you can suggest
something thats pretty good for a newbie here - LOL.

go to your local second hand outfitter and pick one up a used hose reel for
$10 that you wind by hand. LOL. Much better for your pocket. LOL.

rob

Old 16-11-2007, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

I was just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these water hose
reels? I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are
worth it, any help would really be great? OR if you can suggest
something thats pretty good for a newbie here - LOL. http://www.getcoxreels.com
Old 16-11-2007, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

None wrote:
I was just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these water hose
reels? I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are
worth it, any help would really be great? OR if you can suggest
something thats pretty good for a newbie here - LOL. http://www.getcoxreels.com

For a minute there I thought this actually wasn't spam.. But the
industrial grade hose reel link just doesn't seem to fit.
Old 16-11-2007, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
None wrote:
I was just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these water hose
reels? I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are
worth it, any help would really be great? OR if you can suggest
something thats pretty good for a newbie here - LOL.
http://www.getcoxreels.com

For a minute there I thought this actually wasn't spam.. But the
industrial grade hose reel link just doesn't seem to fit.

The "LOL" sort of fits, although considering that there's nothing funny
about hose reels, it could also mean there are now wireless connections
available on the "special" school bus.

Old 16-11-2007, 07:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:45:20 -0800 (PST), None
wrote:

I was just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these water hose
reels? I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are
worth it, any help would really be great? OR if you can suggest
something thats pretty good for a newbie here - LOL. http://www.getcoxreels.com

They look like anything but water hose reels. I have a plastic
cheapie thing from HD for about $25 that works well. For another
shorter hose I hand-coil, secure the ends together, and hang it up.

My hanger is very simple, quick and inexpensive to build. Take a 24"
wooden dowel and securely tie one end of a cord to the middle of the
dowel. Attach the other end of the dowel to the ceiling such that the
dowel hangs around eye level. To hang up the coil put the dowel
through the coil, turn it, and let the coil hang. This holder works
well for my shop air hose too. Not my invention, but works
exceptionally well.

Old 17-11-2007, 02:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
None wrote:

I was just wondering if anybody has ever used one of these water hose
reels? I'm thinking about getting one just don't know if they are
worth it, any help would really be great? OR if you can suggest
something thats pretty good for a newbie here - LOL.
http://www.getcoxreels.com

From lawns, I don't know. I seem to have trees next to all the faucets
that I use for my garden. I just buy the cheapest hose holder that I can
find (under $10) and attach it to the tree with wire cable that I run
through sections of old water hose so that it doesn't cut into the tree.
This doesn't take much room and keeps the hose out of my way when it is
not in use. This simple approach is in stark contrast to the industrial
strength hose reels that you are contemplating. Hope you find what you
want. IMHO.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars