Old 22-04-2003, 01:20 PM
plantkiller

Default Dracaena. (Corn Plant) leafing

Great.... my filters are working..... Cereoids post's are
automatically deleted.

I'm amazed to see it doesn't take much to start a flame war on a
garden forum... Things have changed from several years ago.. people
are ultra ultra - sensitive.... (could it have been caused by
cereoid's relentlless trolling.

Paghat... Thanks for the history lesson, Unfortunately all so very
true.....

My personal bigoted opinion.... Unfortunately it's very difficult to
separate religion from government,, and I will speak from personal
knowledge. The Catholic Church teaches strict obedience and
acceptance of dogma based upon faith. The old Slovakian villages
were centered around Catholic churches and priests. Indeed up till
the 1940's, .... the majority of villages were very Roman Catholic.
And you're very correct in describing it as.. intolerent,
fostering hatred, demanding obedience based upon blind faith,
and outlawing independent thought. But I say this, in a land where
public education was virtually non-existent, the Catholic Church
provided a structure for it's peoples.

The Catholic Church then ( taught that Catholicism was the only TRUE
religion (protecting their turf)and that all other religions were
inferior. thus the susceptibility of these people (actually the
mindset) to willingly destroy people of other cultures and / or
religions.

Again, this is just confirming what Paghat describes much more
eloquently.

btw...the Germans also massacred about 12 million Polish
civilians....(pretty much true, from what I've been able to determine
from corresponding with Slovakain countryment.. Not revisionist
history by any means.

So Cereoid is Polish and from Baltimore.... A dumb Pollack from the
"City That Reads"... ( Baltimore is one of the few cities that
still has an ethnic Polish neighborhood).

Cereoid, if you really want to do something useful....see if you can
find out and post the date when the Polish American Festival is
taking place up in Balmawr....

Well , responding to such a negative thread is not a good way to
start another day.... time to grab a cup of coffee and inspect the
gardens... looks like a nice day outside (finally) !!!!

Old 22-04-2003, 02:32 PM
plantkiller

You're right !!! I don't think Cereoid...is old enough to deserve
being called a 'dumb' Pollack. He's probably a 2nd or 3rd generation
American with American parents. And if I read your posting
correctly, you're not Polish enough or perhaps not old enough to
even realize that 'dumb' Pollack used to be one hell of a compliment
within the Polish Community.

As far as "Baltimore being the city that reads"...... I normally
speak only from direct provable experience.....
I see nothing about Baltimore that leads to me think that it
encourages reading more than any other of the big cities. And
interaction on a daily basis with it's many diverse citizens, makes
me realize that.... reading and acquisition of knowledge is not
high on it's list of priorities. Contrast level of knowledge and
education between Baltimore to the north and D.C. to the sound
there's no comparision. !!!

I would probably have to classify you as a typical sanitized
politically correct, non-thinking american educated poster, whose
lipservice of "valuing diverstiy' excludes all non-americanized
forms of diverse and cultural expression, customs and history.
Whether this is because you have not been part of history or
chose to ignore it completely is up to you.

and the pseudonym keeps me off the spam lists....

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:29:54 -0700, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:10:08 -0400, plantkiller wrote:

A dumb Pollack from the
"City That Reads"... ( Baltimore is one of the few cities that
still has an ethnic Polish neighborhood).

Typical anonymous troll, pipe up with the slurs and hide behind a
pseudonym.

"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson

Old 23-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:27:38 -0400, plantkiller wrote:

and the pseudonym keeps me off the spam lists....

Bull shit! It disguises your egocentric, self engrossed, and valueless
identity in rec.gardens.

Old 23-04-2003, 05:44 PM
plantkiller

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 05:43:55 -0700, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:27:38 -0400, plantkiller wrote:

and the pseudonym keeps me off the spam lists....

Bull shit! It disguises your egocentric, self engrossed, and valueless
identity in rec.gardens.

Ah... you flatter me, Did you know that the words disguises,
engrossed, identity and valueless all have 8 letters whereas
egocentric and Jaszewski contains 9 letters. Does your
ghostwriter always select words based upon number of letters
contained within???

I suspect Cereoid XXXXXXXXXXX is now running around under the
pseudonym (9 letters...same as Jaszewski)... of Tom Jaszewski
(Gesundheit !!)

And it does keep me off the spammer's list.....

Old 24-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:35:30 -0400, plantkiller wrote:

And it does keep me off the spammer's list.....

and likely your nose straight...