Old 02-01-2008, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Seed Catalogs - Spring is coming!

Sitting here on this cold Ohio Valley day (10 degrees, 3 inches of new
snow) I am enjoying the new seed and plant catalogs that are arriving in
the mail daily. Since Christmas I have got about half a dozen and I'm
sure that there are more to come.

Which catalogs do you like the most and who is you favorite seed or
plant vendor?
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 02-01-2008, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Bill R" wrote in message
Sitting here on this cold Ohio Valley day (10 degrees, 3 inches of new
snow) I am enjoying the new seed and plant catalogs that are arriving in
the mail daily. Since Christmas I have got about half a dozen and I'm
sure that there are more to come.

Which catalogs do you like the most

Duh. Victoria's Secret, obviously.

and who is you favorite seed or plant vendor?

Burpee for almost all my seeds, because in 35 years of gardening, their
seeds have always exceeded the claimed parameters, and my expectations.
Cooks Garden for the more obscure greens that Burpee doesn't carry or
doesn't label clearly.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Sitting here on this cold Ohio Valley day (10 degrees, 3 inches of new
snow) I am enjoying the new seed and plant catalogs that are arriving in
the mail daily. Since Christmas I have got about half a dozen and I'm
sure that there are more to come.

Which catalogs do you like the most and who is you favorite seed or
plant vendor?

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/Home.aspx?source=lk-old reasonable organic

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/ pricey good stock

http://www.fairweathergardens.com/ pricey great varieties

Bill Wagner who is looking for snow and just put out some suet.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
"Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound
Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

I like Vermont Bean Co. They have outstanding varities you don't find
everywhere like their Fortex pole bean. The best I have ever tried.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 02-01-2008, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
I like Vermont Bean Co. They have outstanding varities you don't find
everywhere like their Fortex pole bean. The best I have ever tried.

Best in what way?

Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/2/08 1:27 PM, in article ,
"Bill R" wrote:

Sitting here on this cold Ohio Valley day (10 degrees, 3 inches of new
snow) I am enjoying the new seed and plant catalogs that are arriving in
the mail daily. Since Christmas I have got about half a dozen and I'm
sure that there are more to come.

Which catalogs do you like the most and who is you favorite seed or
plant vendor?

Haven't seen any yet, but I have gotten a few daylily catalogs

Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/2/08 2:41 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Sitting here on this cold Ohio Valley day (10 degrees, 3 inches of new
snow) I am enjoying the new seed and plant catalogs that are arriving in
the mail daily. Since Christmas I have got about half a dozen and I'm
sure that there are more to come.

Which catalogs do you like the most and who is you favorite seed or
plant vendor?

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/Home.aspx?source=lk-old reasonable organic

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/ pricey good stock

http://www.fairweathergardens.com/ pricey great varieties

Bill Wagner who is looking for snow and just put out some suet.

Bill,

How much snow do you want? I have plenty.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/2/08 2:41 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Sitting here on this cold Ohio Valley day (10 degrees, 3 inches of new
snow) I am enjoying the new seed and plant catalogs that are arriving in
the mail daily. Since Christmas I have got about half a dozen and I'm
sure that there are more to come.

Which catalogs do you like the most and who is you favorite seed or
plant vendor?

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/Home.aspx?source=lk-old reasonable organic

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/ pricey good stock

http://www.fairweathergardens.com/ pricey great varieties

Bill Wagner who is looking for snow and just put out some suet.

Bill,

How much snow do you want? I have plenty.

And I'll send you some cold weather. Right now is is 12 degrees!

Old 03-01-2008, 03:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/2/08 2:41 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Sitting here on this cold Ohio Valley day (10 degrees, 3 inches of new
snow) I am enjoying the new seed and plant catalogs that are arriving in
the mail daily. Since Christmas I have got about half a dozen and I'm
sure that there are more to come.

Which catalogs do you like the most and who is you favorite seed or
plant vendor?

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/Home.aspx?source=lk-old reasonable organic

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/ pricey good stock

http://www.fairweathergardens.com/ pricey great varieties

Bill Wagner who is looking for snow and just put out some suet.

Bill,

How much snow do you want? I have plenty.

And I'll send you some cold weather. Right now is is 12 degrees!

You folks just have to coordinate right now it is 18 F with 29 F the
high for today. It is dry but warmer is coming and I'd guess some rain
then.
I know why too. It is my fault I bought an electric snow shovel two
winters ago. Have yet to use it . Heart problems sort of made that
smart but I was not aware of the snow Jinx it would cause.

Bill

Old 03-01-2008, 03:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/3/08 9:45 AM, in article ,
"Bill R" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/2/08 2:41 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Sitting here on this cold Ohio Valley day (10 degrees, 3 inches of new
snow) I am enjoying the new seed and plant catalogs that are arriving in
the mail daily. Since Christmas I have got about half a dozen and I'm
sure that there are more to come.

Which catalogs do you like the most and who is you favorite seed or
plant vendor?

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/Home.aspx?source=lk-old reasonable organic

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/ pricey good stock

http://www.fairweathergardens.com/ pricey great varieties

Bill Wagner who is looking for snow and just put out some suet.

Bill,

How much snow do you want? I have plenty.

And I'll send you some cold weather. Right now is is 12 degrees!

I'm colder - 1F this AM at sunrise and now a toasty 9

Old 03-01-2008, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/3/08 10:06 AM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Bill R wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/2/08 2:41 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Bill R wrote:

[...]

How the heck does an electric shovel work?

I have the plow guy - an absolute necessity this year! I do the walk to the
front door

Old 03-01-2008, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

How the heck does an electric shovel work?

I have the plow guy - an absolute necessity this year! I do the walk to the
front door

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yq7fln

I have a portable GFI too in pristine condition. ( never used) I'm not
selling as soon as I do it will snow )

Bill Thinking about what to plant that we never did before.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/3/08 11:40 AM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

How the heck does an electric shovel work?

I have the plow guy - an absolute necessity this year! I do the walk to the
front door

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yq7fln

I have a portable GFI too in pristine condition. ( never used) I'm not
selling as soon as I do it will snow )

Bill Thinking about what to plant that we never did before.

A mini snow blower! totally useless here.