Old 11-01-2008, 02:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default it's about time

We have now about 15 minutes more daylight!!!
Hip Hip Hooray
Sunset is past 5pm and sunrise is now before 730 am
We are 'supposed' to have SUN this weekend, and
temps out of the 40s. (we shall see)
But I am SO ready to get out there and prune roses
and rake up crud, and just BE in the garden.
And I will experience it to the fullest for all of you out
there in the frozen lands, cross my heart.......
I have Walla Walla onions, lettuce and spinach in
large containers just waiting to grow a little.

Emilie in NorCal doing a sundance
Old 12-01-2008, 03:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 11, 7:12 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:13:51 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

wrote:
On 1/11/08 10:12 AM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

yOn Fri, 11 Jan 2008 06:54:38 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

I'm headed your way. Rain today, sort of nice Sat and Sun, but I won't
notice as it is hockey from Sat AM until Sun AM (but I should be grateful
for that as I'll be driving a lot). Snow Sunday night in time for school
Monday?

Please send rain to Austin TX. Nice, gentle rain for about two weeks
and give us about three very slow to fall inches so we don't flood and
our trees are replenished. It's also easier to pull weeds after a
nice slow rain. Germinate my Cal. poppies and Larkspur.

Gladly - it's been a heavy rain and it wants to be in my basement

Che,

I was very specific! Gentle rain for a month with downpours...well,
one downpour of an inch, then slow, soaking gray days. Oh how I yearn
for gray days here in the land of the never ending sun.

Well I can send you the gray days right now- then you can persuade
them to drop the rain
Em
Old 12-01-2008, 03:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 10, 6:35 pm, mleblanca wrote:
We have now about 15 minutes more daylight!!!
Hip Hip Hooray
Sunset is past 5pm and sunrise is now before 730 am
We are 'supposed' to have SUN this weekend, and
temps out of the 40s. (we shall see)
But I am SO ready to get out there and prune roses
and rake up crud, and just BE in the garden.
And I will experience it to the fullest for all of you out
there in the frozen lands, cross my heart.......
I have Walla Walla onions, lettuce and spinach in
large containers just waiting to grow a little.

Emilie in NorCal doing a sundance

What babbling buffoon wrote this bilgewater???
Oh. I did.
Well here is the rest of the story
Today was gray again, but when the temp went soaring
up to 53 I thought I'd go on over to Target and see if the
Christmas/Holiday trees were gone, and they were.
NEW plants were all lined up in order on the shelves!!!!
So of course sticky pot disease infected me, and I got a
new plant. They say that gardeners grow through three
stages: attracted to annuals, potty for perennials, and
foolish for foliage. Well I am into stage 3 and
got BAUMEA a nice foliage plant for my boggy area,
about which I know nothing, except it likes wet places.
Of course there is probably not room for it and I will
have to start a new Bog area........................
Emilie
NorCalif

Old 13-01-2008, 01:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 12, 7:28 am, Jangchub wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:28:10 -0800 (PST), mleblanca

wrote:
Well I can send you the gray days right now- then you can persuade
them to drop the rain
Em

I think it might actually be overcast today! Let me get my wompom
drums...

Hey I think we/ve got something going here!
The sun played peek a boo all morning and then about 1 pm the sun
came out and stayed the rest of the afternoon. I got some rose
pruning done and the bird feeder area cleaned and feeders
filled. It was sure nice to be outside. I thought about all of the
wreck.
gardeners who are snowed in and sent some mental gardening vibes
out to you.
Hope you all got them!
Hope you get your rain, V.
Emilie (Garden Club meeting tonight)
Old 13-01-2008, 06:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"readandpostrosie" wrote:

i am here in wisconsin.
we started the winter with snow,snow,snow.
then it warmed up and EVERYTHING melted!
just around christmas time, it started to snow, and we got SEVERAL inches.
it was absolutely gorgeous. (my two granddaughters from california
absolutely LOVED IT)
in the new year that snow has almost melted away, and its quite warm for
january.
(45+ degrees on the bluff of lake michigan)

thanks for all the positive thoughts!
rosie

Speaking of snow, that was a heck of a football game in Green Bay
yesterday. Started with green grass and ended with snow plows and Brett
Favre throwing snowballs. He didn't do badly for an old man.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...490698,00.html