Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-04-2008, 04:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Electric Mower

I've finally gone and done it. Reserving my riding mower for the larger
expanse of my back yard, I'm replacing my old gas-powered
semi-effectively self-propelled walk behind mower with a spanking new
electric model for the smaller front yard.

I am a glutton for punishment. Even with COPD, I still push a mower just
for the hell of it AND because it's easier in small areas. It's feels
like Hell's own work to do it, but it's ultimately good for me. It'll be
even better for me when I'm not blasting my rotator cuff with a pull
start or tanking up on engine fumes with every step. It's also quieter,
easier to adjust cutting height, and makes infinitely less noise than
Ol' Shaky.

It's corded. I don't mind. My trimmer extension cord reaches the length
and breadth of both the front and back yards, so I know the mower will
get out there on the same cord. And I'm not worried about tangling the
cord or running it over. I learned to operate a vacuum cleaner eons ago
and can thread its cord cunningly through the house during various
death-defying maneuvers, and I haven't severed it nor electrocuted,
tripped, garroted, snared or hung myself with it even once. My
confidence level re an electric lawn mower is high!

How nice it will be to mow without that gas engine racket!

Now if they would just get to work on an electric riding mower.