Old 24-09-2008, 06:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Comcast is ending newsgroup support :(

Sherwin wrote:
dwight wrote:
Sherwin wrote:

I tried connecting with motzarella. Unfortunately, none of the
common news groups that I use like 'gardening' and 'boating' could
not be found in a search to subscribe. Not much use to me, unless I
am doing something incorrect here.

Sherwin

I just set up motzarella in Thunderbird, to see how it works. It's
just a step or two more convoluted than with my regular newsreader,
but if you follow the instructions at motzarella.org, it can be done.
Obviously, rec.gardens is among the available newsgroups, along with
several sub-groups.

If you need any further help in getting set up, feel free to contact
me directly.

dwight

The motzareela website says to set it to 'always authenticate' to get
it to load all newsgroups. I can't find this magical setting.

Sherwin

Ok, I found it on the tools bar. However setting it to always
authenticate did not change it's behavior.

Sherwin
Old 24-09-2008, 12:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Sherwin" wrote in message

Ok, I found it on the tools bar. However setting it to always
authenticate did not change it's behavior.

Sherwin

I want you to delete the account, then set it up again. This time, make sure
that authenticate is checked BEFORE you download the list of available
newsgroups. You should then see thousands and thousands of available
newsgroups...

dwight