Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gotta haves and a wish or two

Annuals Tithonia Mexican Sunflower Torch and Moon Flowers.

I am looking for RED RED morning glories for hummers.

White Flower Just listed HABENARIA Bog Orchid H. radiata one for
$ 15.95 good to zone 6 in Jul or Aug this a bareroot (
Still I think I can propagate it.

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/cgi-l...0200&name.x=12
&name.y=6&name=Go

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.html What is Global Dimming??
Less light more shade world wide food implications
Old 10-01-2010, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jan 6, 1:38*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
* Annuals * *Tithonia * Mexican Sunflower * Torch *and * Moon Flowers.

*I am looking for RED RED morning glories *for hummers.

* White Flower Just listed *HABENARIA * Bog Orchid * H. radiata *one for
$ 15.95 *good to zone 6 *in Jul or Aug * this a bareroot ( *
*Still I think I can propagate it.

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/cgi-l...0200&name.x=12
&name.y=6&name=Go

*Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.htmlWhat is Global Dimming??
*Less light more shade world wide food implications

luckily Tithonia is sold at a lot of retail stores. I've seen them in
the seed displays at Lowe's, Home Despot, Wally Fart and a few
others. Tithonia will be easily started once frost is past. Or you
can get a jump and start them three weeks before your last frost date
in little pots and transplant them. Either way, once you have them
growing, they will gift you with dropped seeds when the little birds
discover the buffet. I usually buy two or three packages and keep the
extra's in the fridge in a ziploc baggie in the veggie drawer.
They'll keep viable for three years. Moon vine is sometimes easy to
find at the box stores too. Otherwise, someone might have saved seeds
and might share with you here.
madgardener gardening in zone 7b in Tennessee, just not in Eastern
Tennessee where all the snow is
Old 20-01-2010, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

I am looking for RED RED morning glories for hummers.

Hard to find really truly red mg's - they always seem to turn out
pinkish red. I grow cardinal climbers and the hummers love them.