Old 25-06-2010, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default 85 year old reflects on Daisy Picking

Some old stuff maybe 30 years ago I flashed back to.

http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfdaisies.htm

Yea I know the low carbers will freak but I wonder if longevity is
enhanced by joy and diminished by fear.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
Old 25-06-2010, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

Bill who putters wrote:
Some old stuff maybe 30 years ago I flashed back to.

http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfdaisies.htm

Yea I know the low carbers will freak but I wonder if longevity is
enhanced by joy and diminished by fear.

Life is reduced in both quantity and quality by stress. Following your
impulses is low stress now but can make for a high stress future. You need
to know when to let go a when to hold tight.

David

Old 25-06-2010, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
Some old stuff maybe 30 years ago I flashed back to.

http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfdaisies.htm

Yea I know the low carbers will freak but I wonder if longevity is
enhanced by joy and diminished by fear.

Life is reduced in both quantity and quality by stress. Following your
impulses is low stress now but can make for a high stress future. You need
to know when to let go a when to hold tight.

David

.. . . and beware of people who know what's best for you.
--
- Billy
http://radwisdom.com/essays/this-is-your-brain/
Old 25-06-2010, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
Some old stuff maybe 30 years ago I flashed back to.

http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfdaisies.htm

Yea I know the low carbers will freak but I wonder if longevity is
enhanced by joy and diminished by fear.

Life is reduced in both quantity and quality by stress. Following your
impulses is low stress now but can make for a high stress future. You need
to know when to let go a when to hold tight.

David

Who can predict the future?
Why spend the first 60 years of life worrying about the last 20?

. . . and beware of people who know what's best for you.

Billy... The best thing for you to do is "Eat, Drink and be Merry"
Quote from a wise old King from the THE Holy Bible posted by an Atheist.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
Old 25-06-2010, 06:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
Some old stuff maybe 30 years ago I flashed back to.

http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfdaisies.htm

Yea I know the low carbers will freak but I wonder if longevity is
enhanced by joy and diminished by fear.

Life is reduced in both quantity and quality by stress. Following your
impulses is low stress now but can make for a high stress future. You
need
to know when to let go a when to hold tight.

David

Who can predict the future?
Why spend the first 60 years of life worrying about the last 20?

Dan L., you got that back ass wards. Let Maurice explain this to you.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...tion_id=annota
tion_814223&feature=iv#p/c/B80839111D612F79/7/kBjGw8BQ9P4

Old 26-06-2010, 02:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
Some old stuff maybe 30 years ago I flashed back to.

http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfdaisies.htm

Yea I know the low carbers will freak but I wonder if longevity is
enhanced by joy and diminished by fear.

Life is reduced in both quantity and quality by stress. Following your
impulses is low stress now but can make for a high stress future. You
need
to know when to let go a when to hold tight.

David

Who can predict the future?
Why spend the first 60 years of life worrying about the last 20?

Dan L., you got that back ass wards. Let Maurice explain this to you.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...tion_id=annota
tion_814223&feature=iv#p/c/B80839111D612F79/7/kBjGw8BQ9P4

But, I am Maurice
I filled for my retirement last month. My last day at work is August 31.
Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!
I am 52 years old and decrepit. Just me, my dog and a few chickens.
And of course my gardens to tend! Ah yes the hermits life at last

Old 26-06-2010, 07:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
[...]

Did we see the same video? Honoré (Maurice Chevalier) wasn't withdrawing
from life. He was just happy to be freed from the insecurities of youth.
You'll understand better, when you get old.
Old 28-06-2010, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
[...]

I will soon be free from the insecurities of youth and I am old
52 is real old. I even get AARP signup letters which is a true sign of
getting OLD and decrepit

If Maurice was alive today in modern times, he would waddle from life as
fast as he could

Old 28-06-2010, 11:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...ation_id=annot
tion_814223&feature=iv#p/c/B80839111D612F79/7/kBjGw8BQ9P4

But, I am Maurice
I filled for my retirement last month. My last day at work is August 31.
Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!
I am 52 years old and decrepit. Just me, my dog and a few chickens.
And of course my gardens to tend! Ah yes the hermits life at last

Did we see the same video? Honoré (Maurice Chevalier) wasn't withdrawing
from life. He was just happy to be freed from the insecurities of youth.
You'll understand better, when you get old.

I will soon be free from the insecurities of youth and I am old
52 is real old. I even get AARP signup letters which is a true sign of
getting OLD and decrepit

Naaa, just another wannabe.

If Maurice was alive today in modern times, he would waddle from life as
fast as he could

One doesn't retire from life, one engages in it.
Besides, we'll both be dead by the time the real shit hits the fan.

You sound like an Indian, who just wants to get off the wheel of life.

Poor boy, poor boy downhearted, depressed, and in a spin,
Poor boy, poor boy, oh youth can really do a fellow in
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/6/2...al_crime_scene
Old 29-06-2010, 03:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

Dan L. wrote:
I filled for my retirement last month. My last day at work is August
31. Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!
I am 52 years old and decrepit. Just me, my dog and a few chickens.
And of course my gardens to tend! Ah yes the hermits life at last

retirement is very
nice.

decrepitude is much
more manageable when
you don't have to live
by someone else's
schedule and you don't
have to perform for
others unless you wish.

good luck these
next few months Dan.

songbird

Old 30-06-2010, 01:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"songbird" wrote:

Dan L. wrote:
I filled for my retirement last month. My last day at work is August
31. Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!
I am 52 years old and decrepit. Just me, my dog and a few chickens.
And of course my gardens to tend! Ah yes the hermits life at last

retirement is very
nice.

decrepitude is much
more manageable when
you don't have to live
by someone else's
schedule and you don't
have to perform for
others unless you wish.

good luck these
next few months Dan.

songbird

I plan on increasing my knowledge of particle physics and tensor
calculus during the winter. Increase my knowledge of biology and
gardening in the summer. This will be all self taught at my own pace.
Ahhh the good life begins, I now have time to this

Oh yes, Cooking will be year round. I find I like the culinary textbooks
more enjoyable over the regular recipe cook books.

Old 30-06-2010, 05:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

Dan L. wrote:
In article ,
"songbird" wrote:

Dan L. wrote:
[...]

Between the garden and the calculus you have two out three essentail
activities (physical and mental) covered but what about social?

David

Old 30-06-2010, 05:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Dan L. wrote:
songbird wrote:
Dan L. wrote:
I filled for my retirement last month. My last day at work is August
31. Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!
I am 52 years old and decrepit. Just me, my dog and a few chickens.
And of course my gardens to tend! Ah yes the hermits life at last

good luck these
next few months Dan.

I plan on increasing my knowledge of particle physics and tensor
calculus during the winter. Increase my knowledge of biology and
gardening in the summer. This will be all self taught at my own pace.

you play billiards? i love it like this too, i'm
finally learning guitar and how to read music
and all that music theory. it sinks in slowly,
i have a wood head, but i am on my third
year of fumbling along and i make mostly
agreeable noises so i'm allowed to continue.

this reminds me of what it used to be like
when i was a kid. go outside and play all
day, mess around in the mud and water,
read 2 brown paper grocery bags every
few weeks. etc.

Ahhh the good life begins, I now have time to this

yay!

Oh yes, Cooking will be year round. I find I like the culinary
textbooks more enjoyable over the regular recipe cook books.

Cook's Illustrated is good like that,
check it out at the library. also there
are several good science of cooking
type books that are interesting in their
own right along with microbiology
books that get into things like spoiling,
molds, cheese making, fermentations,
pickling, acetic acid, etc. all very
interesting to those who are into the
biological processes going on all over
the place. did i say anything about
canning and preserving? many
good works there too.

my tough line of reading list for the
winter is going to be a chemistry/
organic chemistry review... i had
chemistry in high school, but didn't
need it for college so now i need
to backtrack and pick it up again.

songbird

Old 30-06-2010, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Between the garden and the calculus you have two out three essentail
activities (physical and mental) covered but what about social?

usenet! just kidding... i get your
point.

ok, some tips from a hermit who
lives with someone who isn't:

bake cookies/cakes/snacks or even
*groan* healthy stuff, for your favorite
library and/or greenhouse. they
appreciate it (well ok, i did ). it's a
nice place to get to know people who
are also into reading. going and sitting
and reading the paper and chatting
with others it's not too scary.

call the neighbor and invite yourself
over for tea or invite them over or
bring them some rhubarb or beans
or *whispers* zucchini...

songbird
Old 01-07-2010, 02:57 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Dan L. wrote:
In article ,
"songbird" wrote:

Dan L. wrote:
[...]

Hmmm... Does the Master Gardeners Association count?
As for companionship, does the dog count or the local prostitute count
From observing past friends relationships, I have learned that
prostitutes are cost less than marriage and get more.