Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default apples or oranges?

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

Are you actually interested in growing fruit?

If I wrote 'Here chook, chook, chook!' would you understand what I
meant? :-))) I think there is some of that going on here.

Yes but one gives the benefit of the doubt.

:-)) I think you must be much less cynical than I am :-))

I've had a lovely week in the garden and can't remember a Spring that has
held such promise for a bumper summer. I've got herbs leaping out of the
ground in my new herb bed near the back door. My passionfruit has a tiny
sprout appearing above the graft even though the whole top of it suffered
from frost damage and I am eagerly awaiting a burst of growth from it. My
carrots are up and growing strongly, my silver beet is producing as is the
rhubarb, the lettuces and a few other greens. The sodding cockatoos are
taking the tops off my broad beans but they need tip pruing anyway so I
shouldn't grumble. I've bought a heap of cow manure and pelleted poo and an
in the process of spreading it. Life in the garden is rosy and hectic.