Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default apples or oranges?

what is it going to be?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

"MeaningWhat" mw@mw wrote in message
what is it going to be?

I tried to compare them once, and got all confused.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Pico Rico schrieb:
"MeaningWhat"mw@mw wrote in message
what is it going to be?

I tried to compare them once, and got all confused.

admitted, it is hard, but just for the heck of it.. lets be naughty and
compare them
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

MeaningWhat wrote:
Pico Rico schrieb:
"MeaningWhat"mw@mw wrote in message
what is it going to be?

I tried to compare them once, and got all confused.

admitted, it is hard, but just for the heck of it.. lets be naughty
and compare them

What about medlars or quinces?

Old 09-10-2010, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

David Hare-Scott schrieb:
MeaningWhat wrote:
Pico Rico schrieb:
"MeaningWhat"mw@mw wrote in message
what is it going to be?

I tried to compare them once, and got all confused.

admitted, it is hard, but just for the heck of it.. lets be naughty
and compare them

What about medlars or quinces?

lets just stick to the basics for now. medlars and quinces are clearly
very complex topics for the experienced reader.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Well, pancakes don't have wheels so maybe best to just leave
them alone. They don't fit anyway. One's a citrus and the
just your normal run-of-day fruits.

But if you must, and must must be, then listen to yourself
and
try not to be influence by others. We all come to this
place
in our lives. Take you lifes' learnings and then if you
are
able, share your experience with the rest of us. Maybe you
found a short cut or something....and it's always good to
share.

Donna

Old 09-10-2010, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Irondale schrieb:
Well, pancakes don't have wheels so maybe best to just leave
them alone. They don't fit anyway. One's a citrus and the
just your normal run-of-day fruits.

But if you must, and must must be, then listen to yourself and
try not to be influence by others. We all come to this place
in our lives. Take you lifes' learnings and then if you are
able, share your experience with the rest of us. Maybe you
found a short cut or something....and it's always good to share.

i would share any apples or oranges with you or others. But if you have
to decide, what would *you* say? and i hope you leave those quinces alone.

maybe we could introduce pears and peaches for those a little reluctant
to approach the apples and oranges dilemma..
Old 09-10-2010, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

MeaningWhat mw@mw wrote:
Irondale schrieb:
Well, pancakes don't have wheels so maybe best to just leave
them alone. They don't fit anyway. One's a citrus and the
just your normal run-of-day fruits.

But if you must, and must must be, then listen to yourself and
try not to be influence by others. We all come to this place
in our lives. Take you lifes' learnings and then if you are
able, share your experience with the rest of us. Maybe you
found a short cut or something....and it's always good to share.

i would share any apples or oranges with you or others. But if you
have to decide, what would *you* say? and i hope you leave those
quinces alone.

maybe we could introduce pears and peaches for those a little
reluctant to approach the apples and oranges dilemma..

I will take the apples. Apples grow well in Michigan. Oranges do not
grow well in Michigan. Apple are in abundance here. The cider mills are
running all out. Also donuts do not go well with orange juice. Cider and
donuts... Just go so well with each other!

--
Enjoy Life... Dan L (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)
Old 09-10-2010, 09:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Dan L wrote:

MeaningWhat mw@mw wrote:
Irondale schrieb:
[...]

I like baked apples with perhaps some almonds and raisins about.
Cinnamon too. Been known to add a touch of butter and maple syrup.
Good cold for days.
I have to drive about 25 miles now to get Mood's cider not
pasteurized. In the day it was a stop on the way home from work at.

http://www.schoberorchards.com/

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI

Old 09-10-2010, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

MeaningWhat wrote:
Irondale schrieb:
Well, pancakes don't have wheels so maybe best to just leave
them alone. They don't fit anyway. One's a citrus and the
just your normal run-of-day fruits.

But if you must, and must must be, then listen to yourself and
try not to be influence by others. We all come to this place
in our lives. Take you lifes' learnings and then if you are
able, share your experience with the rest of us. Maybe you
found a short cut or something....and it's always good to share.

i would share any apples or oranges with you or others. But if you
have to decide, what would *you* say? and i hope you leave those
quinces alone.
maybe we could introduce pears and peaches for those a little
reluctant to approach the apples and oranges dilemma..

Are you actually interested in growing fruit? If so be more specific about
what you are trying to tell us or ask us and you will get good responses.
So far your post seems vague to the point of being contrived to be that way
which hints that you don't have any interest in fruit - but I could be
wrong.

David

Old 10-10-2010, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/9/2010 7:16 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
MeaningWhat wrote:
Pico Rico schrieb:
"MeaningWhat"mw@mw wrote in message
what is it going to be?

I tried to compare them once, and got all confused.

admitted, it is hard, but just for the heck of it.. lets be naughty
and compare them

What about medlars or quinces?

I'll take sloes every time. Especially drink time.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

MeaningWhat wrote:
Pico Rico schrieb:
"MeaningWhat"mw@mw wrote in message
what is it going to be?

I tried to compare them once, and got all confused.

admitted, it is hard, but just for the heck of it.. lets be naughty
and compare them

What about medlars or quinces?

I'll take sloes every time. Especially drink time.

Tell me about sloes. They are not grown anywhere around here. I have heard
of sloe gin and sloe wine, what is it like?

David

Old 10-10-2010, 02:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

Ok, it's really quite easy for me to decide: apples! Thumbs
down.
(You'd think that would be thumbs up but let's save that for
another day.) Why apples? I can plant apple trees in my
yard while
anything citrus in my part of this vast dynasty fo a place
called earth
would only survive in my bathtub. So one choice let to
another and there's
no way I'm going without my shower! Now, red ones? yellow?
Yellowish
with reddish?

Donna

Old 10-10-2010, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

Irondale wrote:
Ok, it's really quite easy for me to decide: apples! Thumbs
down.
(You'd think that would be thumbs up but let's save that for
another day.) Why apples? I can plant apple trees in my
yard while
anything citrus in my part of this vast dynasty fo a place
called earth
would only survive in my bathtub. So one choice let to
another and there's
no way I'm going without my shower! Now, red ones? yellow?
Yellowish
with reddish?

Donna

You have a very powerful light over your bathtub? Neat. You can get that
all-over tan while washing! All you need now is some palm trees and you can
go on tropical holiday, floating in tepid waters while the sun(lamp) beats
down on your very own swim-up bar. With the price of air travel set to rise
this could be big, very big.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

Are you actually interested in growing fruit?

If I wrote 'Here chook, chook, chook!' would you understand what I meant?
:-))) I think there is some of that going on here.