Old 26-02-2011, 10:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Deer and Hostas

Bud writes:

Why the hell move into the deer's territory in the first place?

I'm in central New Jersey.
There were a lot less deer here in the past,
then it was the settlers territory.
Before that, it was the Indians territory.
Before that bears, wolves, Sabre tooth cats.

So the deer haven't owned the territory any time in the
past I can think of.

They are probably doing better now than they ever have in the past.

It would be nice if we could devote more territory to wild animals
but I don't see that happening in the immediate future.
Old 27-02-2011, 12:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Bud wrote:

Why the hell move into the deer's territory in the first place?

No problem so long as one respects their right to exist too.
Old 27-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Registered User

I visited a friend recently whose wife was a very keen gardener. Given the location I guessed deer would be a problem so asked how he coped with the problem. His answer? "What do you think you're having for dinner tonight".

[IMG] code is On

hostas, hydrangea, and update on sweet butter lettuce rachael simpson Gardening 19 08-07-2007 01:42 PM
Box elder bugs and hostas Lynn Gardening 1 12-06-2004 03:02 PM
Help- deer and hostas Mpb58 Gardening 12 14-07-2003 02:32 PM
Planting Hostas bthache Gardening 6 07-06-2003 04:21 AM
hostas ann Gardening 3 19-03-2003 01:32 AM