Old 22-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered User

Default my daffs dont flower

Can anyone tell me why my daffodils are not flowering...this is two years on the trot now they havn't flowered. Am I putting the bulbs in to deep? Help!
Old 22-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookygirl43 View Post
Can anyone tell me why my daffodils are not flowering...this is two years on the trot now they havn't flowered. Am I putting the bulbs in to deep? Help!
There are various reasons why Daffs do not flower, the most common is planting them too shallow rather than too deep. Are you digging them up each year? That would probably prevent them flowering, if you do not let them die down naturally before moving them.
Old 22-03-2011, 09:51 PM
BobWalsh's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookygirl43 View Post
Can anyone tell me why my daffodils are not flowering...this is two years on the trot now they havn't flowered. Am I putting the bulbs in to deep? Help!
I would add some bone meal to the soil to provide your daffodils with slow release Phosphorus. In addition, it's helpful to provide them with a fertilizer that is high in Potassium and Phosphorus as a soil drench. Don't cut back the foliage.
Bob
__________________
For information on growing Plumerias, Frangipani, visit http://www.BobWalshPlumeriaCare101.com.
Old 23-03-2011, 12:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

cookygirl43 wrote:

Can anyone tell me why my daffodils are not flowering...this is two
years on the trot now they havn't flowered. Am I putting the bulbs in to
deep? Help!

how much sun do they get each day?

do you cut the leaves off before they
turn yellow and dry out?

are they planted together really close?

are they overgrown with something else?

hard to plant too deep so i'd say that's
unlikely.

songbird