Old 19-04-2011, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Snake/worm

I have recently found several small 6 to 8 inch grey snakes in my garden. At
first I thought they were some kind of worm, but I found one on my driveway
which had been eaten by ants and there was a skeleton.

The snake has a very small head and will strike like it's going to bite just
like a poisonous snake.

Can anyone tell me what this snake is called and is it dangerous in any way.

Thanks,

Freckles

Old 19-04-2011, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Freckles" wrote:

I have recently found several small 6 to 8 inch grey snakes in my garden. At
first I thought they were some kind of worm, but I found one on my driveway
which had been eaten by ants and there was a skeleton.

The snake has a very small head and will strike like it's going to bite just
like a poisonous snake.

Can anyone tell me what this snake is called and is it dangerous in any way.

Thanks,

Freckles

Texas blind snake, Leptotyphlops dulcis, is my guess - about as harmless
a serpent as could possibly be.
Old 19-04-2011, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Freckles wrote:
I have recently found several small 6 to 8 inch grey snakes in my
garden. At first I thought they were some kind of worm, but I found
one on my driveway which had been eaten by ants and there was a
skeleton.
The snake has a very small head and will strike like it's going to
bite just like a poisonous snake.

Can anyone tell me what this snake is called and is it dangerous in
any way.
Thanks,

Freckles

It's difficult to say from your description and not knowing where you are.
It could related to the garter snake or the worm snake. Does it have one
eye or two? If only one eye at 8in long it could be the greater trouser
snake and yes they can be dangerous if not handled properly. The lesser
trouser snake is smaller and less of a handful.

David

Old 19-04-2011, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Freckles wrote:
[...]

I live in Arlington, Texas, between Dallas an d Fort Worth.

Freckles

Old 19-04-2011, 12:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Freckles wrote:
[...]

Freckles- Hide quoted text -

You should know the snakes of your area. Talk to the locals. Where I
live there are no poisonous snakes and I see a lot of garter and black
snakes on my property. Other than scaring my wife, they are good to
have around for keeping rodents under control.

OTOH, I have friends in North Carolina that are afraid to venture
beyond their mowed lawn because of the presence of maybe 6 types of
poisonous snakes and ticks with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

Old 19-04-2011, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote:

Oh, and they make my wife talk dirty when she pulls one up with the weeds.

Obviously turns her on more than your inchworm. LOL

Old 19-04-2011, 08:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

**** off

Old 19-04-2011, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote:
"Brooklyn1" wrote in message:
"Don Staples" wrote:

Oh, and they make my wife talk dirty when she pulls one up with the weeds.

Obviously turns her on more than your inchworm. LOL

**** off

Damn, I hit a widdle sore spot... seems I was correct! heheh

Old 19-04-2011, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
It's difficult to say from your description and not knowing where you are.
It could related to the garter snake or the worm snake.

not familiar with Texas snakes (of
the no-legged kind).

Does it have one
eye or two? If only one eye at 8in long it could be the greater trouser
snake and yes they can be dangerous if not handled properly. The lesser
trouser snake is smaller and less of a handful.

i think these flew right over 'im David,
but i certainly got a good laugh. thanks...

songbird
Old 20-04-2011, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote:
"Brooklyn1" wrote in message:
"Don Staples" wrote:

Oh, and they make my wife talk dirty when she pulls one up with the
weeds.

Obviously turns her on more than your inchworm. LOL

**** off

Damn, I hit a widdle sore spot... seems I was correct! heheh

I had the same rection to what you wrote and I don't even have the sort of
equipment that you were writing about. Your two grotty comments could be
expected from a pimply faced juvenile who hasn't yet learned to think like
an adult.

Old 20-04-2011, 07:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote:
"Brooklyn1" wrote in message:
"Don Staples" wrote:

Oh, and they make my wife talk dirty when she pulls one up with the
weeds.

Obviously turns her on more than your inchworm. LOL

**** off

Damn, I hit a widdle sore spot... seems I was correct! heheh

I had the same rection to what you wrote and I don't even have the sort
of equipment that you were writing about. Your two grotty comments
could be expected from a pimply faced juvenile who hasn't yet learned to
think like an adult.

There is such a think as humor. This is an adult group, yes? The
comment about the inchworm was funny and the choice of words was clean
enough.

Don's reaction was obscene and juvenile. Reprimand him also.

Old 20-04-2011, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote:
"Brooklyn1" wrote in message:
"Don Staples" wrote:

Oh, and they make my wife talk dirty when she pulls one up with the
weeds.

Obviously turns her on more than your inchworm. LOL

**** off

Damn, I hit a widdle sore spot... seems I was correct! heheh

I had the same rection to what you wrote and I don't even have the sort
of equipment that you were writing about. Your two grotty comments
could be expected from a pimply faced juvenile who hasn't yet learned to
think like an adult.

There is such a thing as humor. This is an adult group, yes? The
comment about the inchworm was funny and the choice of words was clean
enough.

Don's reaction was obscene and juvenile. Reprimand him.

'Zactly, barren sense of humor. Don's smarmy "talk dirty" comment
berating his wife was the opener... he's not only rude and crude he
lacks a funny bone. And FarmNone is obviously Don's functionally
illiterate flunky.

Yesterday morning I had visitors:
http://i53.tinypic.com/28u6zd1.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2rd9e1e.jpg
Lovely pair:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2qwmx6f.jpg
Mind of his own:
http://i55.tinypic.com/sliibp.jpg
More morning moochers:
http://i51.tinypic.com/rr1rb5.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/sv5t0k.jpg
Old 20-04-2011, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 06:39:03 +0000 (UTC), jellybean stonerfish
wrote:

I have a low tolerance for ass holes, ass hole.