Old 26-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered User

Default Help to identify everything in our new garden

Hi,

We have recently moved house and it has a small but very beautiful garden of which we would like to maintain. However, we know very very little about gardening as a whole - we used to simply have a lawn, one bush, pots and a greenhouse that I did successfully grow a few veg in, but that's it!

I've taken quite a few pictures of the many shrubs, herbs, fruit trees, flowers etc and wonder if I can upload them on here and see if anyone can kindly identify them all so that we may read up on how to look after them?

If this is ok - can someone please also tell me how to upload pics onto here?

Many thanks in advance :-)
Old 26-07-2011, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

--
lexx

My first thought would be to take the pix to a good nursery. They
can identify the flora, and then you can read up on them.

You should know how to upload pix anyway. There are many providers.
I happen to use TinyPic. Go to their Web site tinypic.com.
Old 26-07-2011, 07:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 26, 7:10*am, lexx wrote:
Hi,

We have recently moved house and it has a small but very beautiful
garden of which we would like to maintain. *However, we know very very
little about gardening as a whole - we used to simply have a lawn, one
bush, pots and a greenhouse that I did successfully grow a few veg in,
but that's it!

I've taken quite a few pictures of the many shrubs, herbs, fruit trees,
flowers etc and wonder if I can upload them on here and see if anyone
can kindly identify them all so that we may read up on how to look after
them?

If this is ok - can someone please also tell me how to upload pics onto
here?

Many thanks in advance :-)

--
lexx

Sorry, hit Send by mistake.

So where were we? First you make a Folder called "My Garden"(or
whatever) in My Documents or wherever you save stuff, and Save your
photos in that Folder. Then go to the Website tinypic.com and
follow the directions. It will ask you to identify the pic you want
to upload. You will get that info from your "My Garden"folder. The
photos will be numbered. You could either leave them numbered or give
them names. Which, I realize, you do not have! So you could call a
given pic ""fruit tree #1"", etc. Or just leave the pics numbered.

Try it. Good luck!

HB
Old 26-07-2011, 08:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

lexx wrote:
Many thanks in advance :-)

can you find the previous owner?
they can help the most.

songbird
Old 26-07-2011, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

lexx wrote:
Hi,

We have recently moved house and it has a small but very beautiful
garden of which we would like to maintain. However, we know very very
little about gardening as a whole - we used to simply have a lawn, one
bush, pots and a greenhouse that I did successfully grow a few veg in,
but that's it!

I've taken quite a few pictures of the many shrubs, herbs, fruit trees,
flowers etc and wonder if I can upload them on here and see if anyone
can kindly identify them all so that we may read up on how to look after
them?

If this is ok - can someone please also tell me how to upload pics onto
here?

Many thanks in advance :-)

One can post pictures on "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens".
Even those that are using September-Eternal can post and view those
binaries.

But how many pictures are you taking???
Perhaps a few at a time depending on how much data your transferring.

Old 27-07-2011, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/26/11 7:10 AM, lexx wrote:
Hi,

We have recently moved house and it has a small but very beautiful
garden of which we would like to maintain. However, we know very very
little about gardening as a whole - we used to simply have a lawn, one
bush, pots and a greenhouse that I did successfully grow a few veg in,
but that's it!

I've taken quite a few pictures of the many shrubs, herbs, fruit trees,
flowers etc and wonder if I can upload them on here and see if anyone
can kindly identify them all so that we may read up on how to look after
them?

If this is ok - can someone please also tell me how to upload pics onto
here?

Many thanks in advance :-)

Photos attached to a message in this newsgroup are a big no-no. Some
servers will even reject your message, let alone the photos. Higgs
Boson gave a good alternative for making your photos visible.

Another idea is to contact your local agricultural extension, sometimes
called cooperative extension. They should be administering a master
gardener program that can help you.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 27-07-2011, 04:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 7/26/11 7:10 AM, lexx wrote:

We have recently moved house and it has a small but very beautiful
garden of which we would like to maintain.

I've taken quite a few pictures of the many shrubs, herbs, fruit trees,
flowers etc and wonder if I can upload them on here

Photos attached to a message in this newsgroup are a big no-no. (snip)
Another idea is to contact your local agricultural extension, sometimes
called cooperative extension.

He/she posting through gardenbanter in the UK and posters using that cite
frequently upload photos to that site and provide a link here.

Old 27-07-2011, 06:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/26/11 7:10 AM, lexx wrote:

We have recently moved house and it has a small but very beautiful
garden of which we would like to maintain.

I've taken quite a few pictures of the many shrubs, herbs, fruit trees,
flowers etc and wonder if I can upload them on here

Photos attached to a message in this newsgroup are a big no-no. (snip)
Another idea is to contact your local agricultural extension, sometimes
called cooperative extension.

He/she posting through gardenbanter in the UK and posters using that cite
frequently upload photos to that site and provide a link here.

Oops! I guess there is no extension services in the UK.