Old 14-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Registered User

Default Some advice on my broken strimmer please

Hi all I am new here , fairly new to the love of gardening , my boss gave me a komatsu strimmer it's quite old and won't start , I've stripped carb down cleaned it and put fresh fuel/2stroke in it it had a spark but wasn't very strong so replaced spark plug it has compression ,jus won't start at all couple things I've noticed wen I stripped carb n tried to pull it , it was spitting fuel out exhaust and web I stopped milky white fuel was dropping out over flow , does any one have any ideas on what to try next ? Thanks guys kane
Old 14-11-2011, 11:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

Kane hughes wrote:
Hi all I am new here , fairly new to the love of gardening , my boss
gave me a komatsu strimmer it's quite old and won't start , I've
stripped carb down cleaned it and put fresh fuel/2stroke in it it had
a spark but wasn't very strong so replaced spark plug it has
compression ,jus won't start at all couple things I've noticed wen I
stripped carb n tried to pull it , it was spitting fuel out exhaust
and web I stopped milky white fuel was dropping out over flow , does
any one have any ideas on what to try next ? Thanks guys kane

Just to make sure that the fuel isn't the only problem, you could drain the tank
and carb. Crank it a bunch to make sure all the fuel is gone. If it fires at
all, that is a good sign. If not, try squirting 1/4 teaspoon or less into the
carb, then try to start it. If it now starts and runs for a moment, then you
know that you need to correct a fuel problem. It does sound like it's getting
too much fuel.

Old 15-11-2011, 05:45 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
Kane hughes wrote:
[...]

It does seem like an awful lot of fuel is goin into it , wen I tipped it in its back loads came out overflow I shall do hat you have suggested and post back what I find thanks for your reply
Old 15-11-2011, 02:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

Kane hughes wrote:

my boss gave me a komatsu strimmer.

What's a strimmer, and why would your boss give you one... is a
strimmer like a hummer?
Old 15-11-2011, 07:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:56:09 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article , Brooklyn1 says...

Kane hughes wrote:

my boss gave me a komatsu strimmer.

What's a strimmer,

A strimmer is what you call a weed wacker

Wacker... now you're really getting sexual!

Old 17-11-2011, 06:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

Kane hughes wrote:

my boss gave me a komatsu strimmer.

What's a strimmer,

A strimmer is what you call a weed wacker

Wacker... now you're really getting sexual!

Wacker is sexual? You Yanks sure are weird.

Old 18-11-2011, 02:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

Kane hughes wrote:

my boss gave me a komatsu strimmer.

What's a strimmer,

A strimmer is what you call a weed wacker

Wacker... now you're really getting sexual!

Wacker is sexual? You Yanks sure are weird.

And none is weirder than our boy Shelly, even for an USian.

Oh, and do you feel safer now that you will have USians troops stationed
on your island continent to protect you from . . . . ? Most peoples
don't enjoy the Empire's presence.

Obama says we are a Pacific power, and that we are never leaving.
Good luck.

I'm sure that aroused Shelly, too ;O)

Wank-on Shelly.
--
- Billy

E pluribus unum
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405
Old 18-11-2011, 03:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

Kane hughes wrote:

my boss gave me a komatsu strimmer.

What's a strimmer,

A strimmer is what you call a weed wacker

Wacker... now you're really getting sexual!

Wacker is sexual? You Yanks sure are weird.

And none is weirder than our boy Shelly, even for an USian.

:-)) Perhaps he just can't spell?

Oh, and do you feel safer now that you will have USians troops stationed
on your island continent to protect you from . . . . ? Most peoples
don't enjoy the Empire's presence.

We've had US 'spookish' type bases here for a long time but not so's you'd
really notice. Probably the worst thing about them is that they don't
really support the local (small town) economies. If the Marine base does
buy local then they might be welcome by the Northern Territorian residents.
I must admit I'd rather all furriners stopped buying our farmland or trying
to put troops or spooks here, and I'm especially jaundiced about US spooks
since their meddling caused the Constitutional crisis here in 975, but we're
a little place economically and population wise so we really don't have too
many options but to roll over.

Obama says we are a Pacific power, and that we are never leaving.
Good luck.

Thanks. I think we all might need it given the still simmering sovereign
debt issues.

Old 18-11-2011, 06:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

Kane hughes wrote:

[...]

According to Nomi Prins, (It Takes a Pillage: An Epic Tale of Power,
Deceit, and Untold Trillions by Nomi Prins
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...stripbooks&fie
ld-keywords=It+Takes+a+Pillage&x=0&y=0) Wall St. created a $140
trillion pyramid scheme which has crashed, and is sucking in entire
national economies. Australia seems to be well off, but who are you
going to trade with?

Ask Okinawa how good USian neighbors are.

Hail victory.

Old 21-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_10_] View Post

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:56:09 -0000, Janet
wrote:

In article
, Brooklyn1
says...

Kane hughes wrote:

[...]

Amazon.com: Books
ld-keywords=It+Takes+a+Pillage&x=0&y=0) Wall St. created a $140
trillion pyramid scheme which has crashed, and is sucking in entire
national economies. Australia seems to be well off, but who are you
going to trade with?

Ask Okinawa how good USian neighbors are.

Hail victory.
--
- Billy

E pluribus unum
The Great American Bubble Machine | Politics News | Rolling Stone
well thanks alot for the advice on my strimmer ha

[IMG] code is On

Strimmer advice needed. (was How to rewind line on to strimmer head?) Adam Lipscombe United Kingdom 2 22-05-2008 02:22 PM
I need some suggestions. I went a little crazing with some Crocosmia 'Lucifer' and some daylillies and I need to get them undeer control! Marc Gardening 4 31-05-2005 03:17 PM
Some advice please Dustin Slater Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Advice Re Pruning Broken Tulip Tree MC Gardening 6 01-02-2003 03:29 PM