Old 17-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Will it kill my tree?

My landlord has demanded that I chop the 20 plus foot eucalyptus tree down to 10 foot, can I do this without killing it if so how
Old 17-07-2012, 11:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Will it kill my tree?

VikingDan.gardenbanana wrote:

My landlord has demanded that I chop the 20 plus foot eucalyptus tree
down to 10 foot, can I do this without killing it if so how

It's not your tree, tell your landlord to cut *his* tree however he
sees fit.
Old 18-07-2012, 01:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 7/17/12 1:36 PM, VikingDan wrote:
My landlord has demanded that I chop the 20 plus foot eucalyptus tree
down to 10 foot, can I do this without killing it if so how

Cut it to 3 feet so that you can work more easily with it. Do this in
the spring after the threat of frosts. (Do it now if your landlord is
really insistent; do not wait until autumn.)

It will resprout from the stump. After a year (the next spring, after
frosts), select one sprout and remove the others. Cut the stump again,
this time slanting down from about 6 inches above the saved sprout. In
three more years, you won't know it was cut. About three years after
that, you will have to cut it down again to 3 feet.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

[IMG] code is On

To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 37 03-04-2007 08:39 PM
To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 32 23-01-2007 08:45 AM
Will Tylan (an antibiotic) kill my christmas tree? Dick N. Bush Lawns 0 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
tree kill Sam I Am United Kingdom 1 02-02-2003 11:50 PM
Will Tylan (an antibiotic) kill my christmas tree? Dick N. Bush Lawns 0 06-12-2002 07:47 AM