Old 13-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered User

Default Help identifying disease

Hi,
I have a plum tree in my garden which has been growing well for years but this summer the leaves started to tun yellow and die. Can someone help to identify the problem please?

I have attached a few photos.

Thanks

Louis.
Attached Thumbnails
Help identifying disease-img_3629.jpg   Help identifying disease-img_3630.jpg   Help identifying disease-img_3627.jpg
Old 14-09-2012, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 9/13/12 2:10 PM, Louis wrote:
Hi,
I have a plum tree in my garden which has been growing well for years
but this summer the leaves started to tun yellow and die. Can someone
help to identify the problem please?

I have attached a few photos.

Thanks

Louis.

|Filename: IMG_3629.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15296|
|Filename: IMG_3630.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15297|
|Filename: IMG_3627.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15298|

That might be herbicide damage and not any disease.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 14-09-2012, 11:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Louis" wrote in message

Hi,
I have a plum tree in my garden which has been growing well for years
but this summer the leaves started to tun yellow and die. Can someone
help to identify the problem please?

It's certainly not a very healthy looking tree. Start with the usual
suspects - water and feeding. Has it becoem waterlogged or has it been
extremely dry. Have you overdosed it with food (although I's be thinking
more about water than plant food). Has there been aything unusual happen in
it's environment eg, extreme heat, extreme cold, too much of anything going
on around it (lime, grey water, whatever)?

I have attached a few photos.

Thanks

Louis.

|Filename: IMG_3629.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15296|
|Filename: IMG_3630.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15297|
|Filename: IMG_3627.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15298|

Louis

Old 14-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Hi,
I have a plum tree in my garden which has been growing well for years but this summer the leaves started to tun yellow and die. Can someone help to identify the problem please?

I have attached a few photos.

Thanks

Louis.
Your plum tree may be suffering from root rot. Root rot is caused by too much water, making the soil upon which the roots have taken home a breeding ground for a variety of undesiable pests. Due to this your plum tree leaves turning yellow. Spray plant safe insecticides for temporary solutions. But the best method is reduce watering and determine the right amount of water and even make sure your plant receives the proper amount of sunlight.
Fruit Trees