Old 17-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User

Talking Help Req'd

Can any body identify this plant? It comes from a bulb and develops small red flowers in the summer. The flower has now died back and the long leaves are now changing colour from green to yellow. The leaves are around 12 - 18 inches long. Also is there any way to propergate this plant as it look pretty good during the summer. I have attached a couple of photo's.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Help Req'd-img_1450-2.jpg   Help Req'd-img_1449-1-1.jpg
Old 17-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy1616 View Post
Can any body identify this plant? It comes from a bulb and develops small red flowers in the summer. The flower has now died back and the long leaves are now changing colour from green to yellow. The leaves are around 12 - 18 inches long. Also is there any way to propergate this plant as it look pretty good during the summer. I have attached a couple of photo's.

Thanks
Hi there, that is Crocosmia.
Thanks.
Old 18-09-2012, 02:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Name the plants please.

"specialbeat" wrote in message

Hi there. I need help identifying these plants please. Number Three
image, I would like to know what it is AND whether I can HARD prune
it???? Anyone? Thank you in advance.

No3 Garrya elliptica. Yes.

|Filename: number 1 id.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15309|
|Filename: number 2 id.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15310|
|Filename: number 3 id.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15311|

specialbeat

Old 18-09-2012, 01:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help Req'd

Delboy1616 said:

Can any body identify this plant? It comes from a bulb and develops
small red flowers in the summer. The flower has now died back and the
long leaves are now changing colour from green to yellow. The leaves are
around 12 - 18 inches long. Also is there any way to propergate this
plant as it look pretty good during the summer. I have attached a couple
of photo's.

|Filename: IMG_1450-2.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15307|
|Filename: IMG_1449-1-1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15308|

Crocosmia AKA Montbretia

Quickest way to propogate is to divide the corms in the spring.

They can also be grown from seed, but I think they have to be
stratified (planted into moist soil and subjected to a period of
cold temperature).
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 19-09-2012, 09:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

In message , specialbeat
writes

Hi there. I need help identifying these plants please. Number Three
image, I would like to know what it is AND whether I can HARD prune
it???? Anyone? Thank you in advance.

|Filename: number 1 id.jpg |

|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15309|

Acer campestre, as already identified

|Filename: number 2 id.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15310|

Possibly some sort of Rubus - it looks similar to but not identical with
Rubus odoratus.

|Filename: number 3 id.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15311|

Garrya elliptica, as already identified

specialbeat

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

[IMG] code is On

New garden - help req mike. buckley United Kingdom 16 20-07-2009 10:48 PM
Help info req TR United Kingdom 15 15-12-2005 08:20 PM
req: help identify this rose (?) Michel Place Roses 6 06-04-2004 08:11 PM
First aid help req! The heads fallen off our Marguerite tree [email protected] United Kingdom 0 14-04-2003 08:44 PM
gardenia help req ÑòDd¥ Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:32 AM