Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Garending TV Shows

I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for Gardening shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so much talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised.
MJ
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening TV Shows

mj writes:

I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for
Gardening shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants
and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something
or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so much
talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised.

I haven't seen a good gardening show in TV in years.
Victory Garden (PBS) used to be good, but I don't care for it anymore.

On the other hand, the internet, including youtube, is loaded with great
gardening info.

--
Dan Espen
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:30:42 PM UTC-5, mlcwa wrote:
mj writes:

I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for

Gardening shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants

and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something

or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so much

talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised.

I haven't seen a good gardening show in TV in years.

Victory Garden (PBS) used to be good, but I don't care for it anymore.

On the other hand, the internet, including youtube, is loaded with great

gardening info.

--

Dan Espen

Yes I found that one and I agree it isn't very good anymore. As far as youtube I am not looking for specific things just a plain old show about something I am interested in.
MJ
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

mj writes:

I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for

Gardening shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants

and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something

or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so much

talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised.

I haven't seen a good gardening show in TV in years.

Victory Garden (PBS) used to be good, but I don't care for it anymore.

On the other hand, the internet, including youtube, is loaded with great

gardening info.

--

Dan Espen

Yes I found that one and I agree it isn't very good anymore. As far as
youtube I am not looking for specific things just a plain old show
about something I am interested in.

Google search "gardening tips".

It's a new world.

You could try writing PBS about the crap they're running now.
P. Allen Smith is just useless.

--
Dan Espen
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/2/13 9:11 AM, mj wrote:
I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for
Gardening shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants
and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something
or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so
much talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised. MJ

I once watched a Martha Stewart episode where she was planting roses.
(I may have been sick in bed at the time.) I certainly would not plant
roses the way she did. Of the three roses I have not yet pruned, two
are still in bloom.

The problem with broadcasts about gardening is that they are generally
not appropriate for the climates of all viewers. This is actually a
broader problem since many gardening books also ignore different climates.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

Old 03-01-2013, 12:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

mj wrote:
I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for Gardening shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so much talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised.
MJ

there used to be a fun show called _Ground Force_
out of the UK that we liked to watch, but it was
more of a design and rescue a space kind of show
than a pure gardening show. still it was fun.
see if you can find the past episodes via the
library (we watch a lot of shows via DVD checkout
instead of having to wade through commercials).

nothing on now that we like to watch.

P. Allen Smith and Victory Garden are
too much about foofoo stuff and not about
gardening that much.

utub might be the best source of clips
for gardening fun. i'd put some on my site
but it doesn't allow for files over 2Mb and
the $ to do more isn't there.

songbird
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/2/13 9:11 AM, mj wrote:
I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for
Gardening shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants
and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something
or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so
much talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised. MJ

I once watched a Martha Stewart episode where she was planting roses.
(I may have been sick in bed at the time.) I certainly would not
plant roses the way she did. Of the three roses I have not yet
pruned, two
are still in bloom.

The problem with broadcasts about gardening is that they are generally
not appropriate for the climates of all viewers. This is actually a
broader problem since many gardening books also ignore different
climates.

Absolutely. Some even get down to saying what month to plant specific
things in, which is quite ridiculous when books and TV shows are distributed
globally.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:44:59 PM UTC-5, songbird wrote:
mj wrote:

[...]

Well it isn't much and not exactly what I had in mind but I found Farm Kings on GMC.
MJ
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj View Post
I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for Gardening shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so much talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised.
MJ

Hello They are shows but i am not quite sure about a single channel that features about gardening.However keep an eye out for this spring and summer their will be shows such as Royal Horticulture Society (RHS) Events.

Check My Website for garden chemicals, Fertilisers,pesticdes,accessories,and many more-www.city-shop.co.uk