Old 09-01-2013, 01:27 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with achainsaw?

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:44:01 -0700, chaniarts wrote:

cut the vines where you can reach and paint the
cut surfaces with roundup.

I'm not sure I've adequately explained the MAGNITUDE of my problem.

Please look at this picture I just took today of the other side of the
poison oak plant I'm trying to kill.
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/11917454.jpg

This is the full-size picture, just so you can SEE, up front, what I'm
dealing with, face to face, man to land:

The sheer number of toxic vines is tremendous, so, cutting each one
individually and painting them with weedkiller would certainly work - but
- it would take a very long time!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

On 08 Jan 2013, "Danny D." wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I'm not sure I've adequately explained the MAGNITUDE of my
problem.

Please look at this picture I just took today of the other side of
the poison oak plant I'm trying to kill.
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/11917454.jpg

This is the full-size picture, just so you can SEE, up front, what
I'm dealing with, face to face, man to land:

God, what a nightmare. I get an allergic reaction to poison ivy just
looking at it. Even looking at your pictures gives me itchy blisters.

Those things look malevolent, like they're aware of and looking to
catch and kill human beings.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 21:35:18 -0500, Nil

God, what a nightmare. I get an allergic reaction to poison ivy just
looking at it. Even looking at your pictures gives me itchy blisters.

Those things look malevolent, like they're aware of and looking to
catch and kill human beings.

Yep. I even break out in hives when work is mentioned. My back starts
hurting if I walk by a ladder. Damnedest thing.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 19:02:19 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 21:35:18 -0500, Nil

God, what a nightmare. I get an allergic reaction to poison ivy just
looking at it. Even looking at your pictures gives me itchy blisters.

Those things look malevolent, like they're aware of and looking to
catch and kill human beings.

Yep. I even break out in hives when work is mentioned. My back starts
hurting if I walk by a ladder. Damnedest thing.

I love work. I can sit around and watch it all day.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 21:35:18 -0500, Nil wrote:

God, what a nightmare. I get an allergic reaction to poison ivy just
looking at it. Even looking at your pictures gives me itchy blisters.

Those things look malevolent, like they're aware of and looking to
catch and kill human beings.

Funny you should say that, because I treat it like a battleground!

I dress up in my protective gear, and I fuel and oil my weapon, and then
I survey my enemy, looking for the weak spots in his fortress.

As I attack, he reaches out at any bare skin with chemical warfare (1 cup
of urushiol can poison everyone on the entire planet!) and I coil back in
fear when it slaps me in the face.

But, while slashing away at the outliers, soon I spy the leadership, a
thick set of vines, each the thickness of a baseball bat, and I aim at
them as Alexander did Darias, to fight my way past the wounded weeping
tendrils guarding the lair, until I can get close enough to strike deep
and hard at the core!

In the end, I win, and hold up the bleeding trophy in my triumphant hands!

Note: The amount of urushiol you see dripping in that one picture can
poison the entire population of the planet, according to the prior
references! wow.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

On Jan 8, 9:25*pm, "Danny D." wrote:
...sinip...
Note: The amount of urushiol you see dripping in that one picture can
poison the entire population of the planet, according to the prior
references! wow.

Is there a market for that product?
Old 09-01-2013, 04:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

Someone years ago used to sell snake venom.
I have suggested to sell Urishol to the military,
they can spray it on enemy encampments.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Robert Macy" wrote in message
...sinip...

Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:37:15 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Note: The amount of urushiol you see dripping in that one picture can
poison the entire population of the planet, according to the prior
references! wow.

Is there a market for that product?

If there is, let me know 'cuz I have enough urushiol sap to contaminate
everyone on earth very many times over!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

Danny D. wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:37:15 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Note: The amount of urushiol you see dripping in that one picture
can poison the entire population of the planet, according to the
prior references! wow.

Is there a market for that product?

If there is, let me know 'cuz I have enough urushiol sap to
contaminate everyone on earth very many times over!

You aren't a mad scientist, are you?