Old 27-06-2013, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

Default Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tall ganglyplant

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:58:23 -0700, chaniarts
wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...,40706&p=10418

That tool reminds me of how fertilizer is applied for deep
penetration.

Same basic principle...
Old 27-06-2013, 10:09 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:05:59 -0500, "Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl"

snip

Those thorns are crazy!! I've seen something similar to those growing on
the side of the highway, but I don't think anyone cares to dig them up. lol

*Almost* like cactus thorns.... they hurt
Old 27-06-2013, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:07:27 -0500, "Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl"
wrote:

Mine are on the top; his are on the bottom:

Now he wants all my rattlesnakes!

{{{{{{shudders}}}}}}}

Our friend Danny runs with at the back of the pack, with the dark
horses G

In A.H.R. he is a real hoot.
Old 27-06-2013, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

wrote:

Mine are on the top; his are on the bottom:

Now he wants all my rattlesnakes!

{{{{{{shudders}}}}}}}

Our friend Danny runs with at the back of the pack, with the dark
horses G

In A.H.R. he is a real hoot.

aaahhh Dark horses are good entertainers!

--
Natural Girl //(**)\\

Old 28-06-2013, 03:49 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:07:27 -0500, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl wrote:

Now he wants all my rattlesnakes!

{{{{{{shudders}}}}}}}

Here's the last rattler, a few weeks ago, that was snuggled up against
the house right at the door steps where the grandkids play ...
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13218290.gif

Note: For a larger picture, substitute "img" for 640.

Old 28-06-2013, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On 6/27/2013 9:49 PM, Danny D. wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:07:27 -0500, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl wrote:

Now he wants all my rattlesnakes!

{{{{{{shudders}}}}}}}

Here's the last rattler, a few weeks ago, that was snuggled up against
the house right at the door steps where the grandkids play ...
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13218290.gif

Note: For a larger picture, substitute "img" for 640.

uhh ...at your door steps?????? What are you? The snake whisperer?

Funny thing happened to me some years ago. I saw this tarantula running
across my front porch. It was the real deal and huge. Silly me
thought..."No one is going to believe me!" So I ran in the house and
grabbed a mason jar to catch it so people would believe me, and when I
got out there and took a look at that spider and then a look at my mason
jar ... the spider was bigger than the mouth of the jar was, and I
thought to myself .. "this isn't going to work". About that time, the
tarantula decided it didn't want to play dead any more in the corner of
my front porch and it took off running. It 'bout scared the @#!$# out of
me when it did that, soooooooooooo... I let it go it's way, and I ran
into the house thinking .. "you dummy! WHAT were YOU thinking???" I
hate spiders and I was going to try to catch one THAT big?? smile

--
Natural Girl //(**)\\

Old 28-06-2013, 12:30 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

wrote:

Now he wants all my rattlesnakes!

{{{{{{shudders}}}}}}}

Here's the last rattler, a few weeks ago, that was snuggled up against
the house right at the door steps where the grandkids play ...
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13218290.gif

Oh, I hope he plans to release them somewhere. What a lovely snake.

(Our only family pet is a big, fat albino corn snake, Ms. Ruby.)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 28-06-2013, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:44:17 -0500, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl wrote:

aaahhh Dark horses are good entertainers!

Naaaah. I ain't no dark horse; I'm just a responsive polite experienced
inquisitive friendly erudite nntp poster who likes to learn & teach.

Old 28-06-2013, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 22:20:19 -0500, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl wrote:

I was going to try to catch one THAT big?

I've never caught a tarantula - but that story of the spider being
bigger than the jar is interesting!

My penultimate black widow was huge - but - she turned out to be pregnant!
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13430013.jpg

Old 28-06-2013, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:30:56 -0400, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Oh, I hope he plans to release them somewhere. What a lovely snake.

All dangerous critters get released into my ravine, which is filled
with poison oak (which I had to tunnel through wrist-thick poison
oak fines with a chain saw, just to get to).

The only one who goes down there is me; this picture shows why:

We call it the "ravine of death", since there are so many poisonous
creatures and plants living and relocated there ...

Old 28-06-2013, 03:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 21:48:01 -0700, Roy wrote:

Yes, it would be better Danny...it is not necessary for quality
on these forums. If you were entering a contest then the
image would of necessity be your best.

OK. I'll start putting the 640x480 pictures there.

If anyone wants the larger ones, they'll need to know to
substitute "img" for "640" to get the zoomable details.

PS: They both (big or small) load fine for me, and my Internet
comes in through 15 miles of air to an antenna on my roof via
WiFi. It was a bear to set up, but, now it's working (for all
but for the VOIP - which has jitter that's too high. Sigh.)

Old 28-06-2013, 03:36 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:05:59 -0500, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl wrote:

Those thorns are crazy!!

That's why I own a lot of very long and thick gloves and why I've
researched which are the best price for the best protection.
(Hint: Welding stores have the best value in wrist-long work gloves.)

You may or may not have noticed the black stains all over those
gloves. That's oxidized urushiol. The oil from the poison oak plant.

My work clothes are covered in these black splotches because the
oil literally splashes on me when I'm chain sawing tunnels through
the poison oak jungle.

Literally a human cannot pass without cutting through or hacking
through. I used to use a machete, but, it was just too tiring.

Of course, I've also learned how to deal with avoiding, and
ameliorating the inevitable rash - all of these topics we've
covered in gory pictorial detail in a.h.r in the past year or so
when I came out.

Old 28-06-2013, 03:40 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:09:40 -0700, Oren wrote:

*Almost* like cactus thorns.... they hurt

In my younger days, hiking with running shoes, I stepped on a small
fuzzy soft plant with many short puffy branches looking like cute
teddy bear arms.

Ouch! Jumping Cholla. Opuntia bigelovii

I no gotta lotta lovi for that plant!

Old 28-06-2013, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:58:23 -0700, chaniarts wrote:

Wouldn't shoveling it at the root base first to loosen it help out?

http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...,40706&p=10418

I like the idea of the water weeder!
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13430193.png

In effect, that's what I did with the garden hose nozzle.

However, I just realized, from your post, that I had this big boy
buried in my tool shed!
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13430394.jpg

I have to go out now but I'm going to try it on a forest of Scotch Broom:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13430429.jpg

And, if it works on that easy stuff, then I'll try it on the
vastly more tenacious Spanish Broom later on today:
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13430437.jpg

Note: Substitute "img" for "640" for a larger-definition photo.

Old 28-06-2013, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:40:28 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

In my younger days, hiking with running shoes, I stepped on a small
fuzzy soft plant with many short puffy branches looking like cute
teddy bear arms.

A neighbor has a cactus with what looks like cotton candy. I handled a
piece he cut off using gloves.

Later I noticed that the gloves felt like it had thorns inside.