Old 27-06-2013, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

Default Brass garden hose nozzles and brass on/off switches (and missing o-rings)

But, can the cheap Chinese nozzles put water
on target? Doesn't do any good if their streams
are breaking up at 20 yards, and the Ace
nozzles can spray to 30 yards.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message ...

Clearly the double-action o-ring American-made ACE assault nozzle,

Yea, but you can arm more people cheaply. If you have 1,000 folks armed
with the high quality assault nozzles going up against 100,000,000
people armed with cheap low quality assault nozzles, it's no contest.
The Germans learned this hard lesson in tank battles during WWII. ^_^

TDD

Old 27-06-2013, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 19:36:52 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thanks for the field test. I guess the chinky junky does make a (not good) difference.

I was surprised that the Harbor Freight Chinese nozzle, which effectively
*looked* essentially the same as the American model, actually performed far
worse at higher speeds - and about the same at the lower, less demanding, speeds.

a. They leaked when shut off (2 out of 7, versus 0 out of 3 for the American)
b. They had a less satisfying spray at full force (the American just felt good)
c. They only used a single o-ring (the American nozzle used two o-rings)
d. The knurling was only parallel (the American knurling was diamond shaped)
e. They had noticeably less heft (the American nozzle just felt good)

However, at low speeds (i.e., wide spray), which is what my wife uses them
mostly for, the nozzles were about the same.

All in all - I don't recommend the Harbor Freight nozzles.

BTW, how often do you guys generally replace your nozzle o-rings anyway?

Old 27-06-2013, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

I'll admit, I can't remember ever replacing an
O'Ring on my garden hose nozzle. I did mention
in passing that a dose of silicone plumbers
grease on the O'Ring and the threads may
help the nozzles last longer. Havn't done that
either. I'm not a power user like yourself.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..

Old 27-06-2013, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Thanks for the field test. I guess the chinky junky does make a (not good)
difference.

I guess that makes you the cracker Christian(?) then.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 27-06-2013, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:00:23 -0700, Wildbilly
wrote:

I guess that makes you the cracker Christian(?) then.

Tell me what you think a "cracker" is!

You use a word and I bet you have no clue what it is.

standing by for your reply

Take as many pages as you need.

Old 28-06-2013, 03:44 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

Well, that's good for a smile. Yes. I guess, if I'm
watering the plants gently, I'm a misty Christy?

And, if I'm a distance from home, I'm the far
flung Young?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Wildbilly" wrote in message ...

Thanks for the field test. I guess the chinky junky does make a (not good)
difference.

I guess that makes you the cracker Christian(?) then.

[IMG] code is On

Hago 4023 nozzles? Nancy G. Orchids 0 28-10-2007 07:50 PM
Exterior Floodlights & daylight switches Rod Out back Australia 12 16-10-2004 02:51 AM
ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings David Gibbs Lawns 3 28-07-2003 06:02 PM
ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings David Gibbs Gardening 4 28-07-2003 06:02 PM
low pressure mist/fog nozzles P. J. Bloodworth Orchids 3 10-03-2003 12:57 AM