Old 03-09-2013, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tough Tomatoes

This year we planted three varieties of tomatoes in zone 5. All were
slow to fruit and develop, but we are now harvesting. I noticed that
all of the ones we have eaten have very tough skins. What would cause
this?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 10:38:24 AM UTC-7, Notat Home wrote:
This year we planted three varieties of tomatoes in zone 5. All were

slow to fruit and develop, but we are now harvesting. I noticed that

all of the ones we have eaten have very tough skins. What would cause

this?

Tell us the names of the thick-skinned guys so we can avoid.

HB
Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

Notat Home wrote:
This year we planted three varieties of tomatoes in zone 5. All were
slow to fruit and develop, but we are now harvesting. I noticed that
all of the ones we have eaten have very tough skins. What would cause
this?

Ah ha! They are genetically modified, with the SprMrkt#5 gene, it is
transferred from a walrus. You should see what happens to them walrusses
after they have their jeans taken off....

Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Notat Home wrote:

This year we planted three varieties of tomatoes in zone 5. All were
slow to fruit and develop, but we are now harvesting. I noticed that
all of the ones we have eaten have very tough skins. What would cause
this?

Slow growth, and dry farming make for stronger cell walls.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg

Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:17:12 PM UTC-7, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Notat Home wrote:

This year we planted three varieties of tomatoes in zone 5. All were

slow to fruit and develop, but we are now harvesting. I noticed that

all of the ones we have eaten have very tough skins. What would cause

this?

Ah ha! They are genetically modified, with the SprMrkt#5 gene, it is

transferred from a walrus. You should see what happens to them walrusses

after they have their jeans taken off....

Or am I having my leg pulled? Very naive...

HB

[IMG] code is On

Tough scapes Bill Edible Gardening 4 13-06-2004 12:03 AM
Problem Cranking Power Washer..Tough Cord Wayne Lawns 1 16-02-2004 05:12 AM
I thought virburum`s were tough :-( Kate Morgan United Kingdom 5 21-07-2003 05:43 PM
Weigela - tough as old boots! MG United Kingdom 0 14-04-2003 08:08 PM
super tough orchids profpam Orchids 3 28-01-2003 01:44 AM