Old 31-10-2013, 05:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ripen Green Tomatoes?

gus.overton wrote:

I tried a banana, but didn't seem to do much.
ter few days, got hungry for a banana so had
to take it out of the paper bag and eat part...

Never heard of anyone eating only part of a banana...
what did you do with the uneaten part?
Old 31-10-2013, 08:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:49:02 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
gus.overton wrote:

Never heard of anyone eating only part of a banana...

what did you do with the uneaten part?

You aren't the only one... fridge. I prefer most fruit cold. They are okay for a couple days fridged. I don't like when they start to speckle, start to get too sweet.
Old 31-10-2013, 11:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

gus.overton wrote:

Never heard of anyone eating only part of a banana...

what did you do with the uneaten part?

You aren't the only one... fridge. I prefer most fruit cold. They are okay for a couple days fridged. I don't like when they start to speckle, start to get too sweet.

Me neither. I always try to buy my bananas at Trader Joe on the green side, and then I neglect to eat them until they are overripe. This time I felt too guilty to throw them away, so I made banana bread.

HB

Old 31-10-2013, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

gus.overton wrote:

Never heard of anyone eating only part of a banana...

what did you do with the uneaten part?

You aren't the only one... fridge. I prefer most fruit cold. They are okay for a couple days fridged. I don't like when they start to speckle, start to get too sweet.

Me neither. I always try to buy my bananas at Trader Joe on the green side, and then I neglect to eat them until they are overripe. This time I felt too guilty to throw them away, so I made banana bread.

Over ripe bananas are excellent frozen... better than ice cream... can
even be dipped in chocolate and coated with nuts.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

gus.overton wrote:

Never heard of anyone eating only part of a banana...

what did you do with the uneaten part?

You aren't the only one... fridge. I prefer most fruit cold. They are okay for a couple days fridged. I don't like when they start to speckle, start to get too sweet.

Me neither. I always try to buy my bananas at Trader Joe on the green side, and then I neglect to eat them until they are overripe. This time I felt too guilty to throw them away, so I made banana bread.

Over ripe bananas are excellent frozen... better than ice cream... can

even be dipped in chocolate and coated with nuts.

Fer sure? I gotta try this...

HB

Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

gus.overton wrote:

Never heard of anyone eating only part of a banana...

what did you do with the uneaten part?

You aren't the only one... fridge. I prefer most fruit cold. They are okay for a couple days fridged. I don't like when they start to speckle, start to get too sweet.

Me neither. I always try to buy my bananas at Trader Joe on the green side, and then I neglect to eat them until they are overripe. This time I felt too guilty to throw them away, so I made banana bread.

Over ripe bananas are excellent frozen... better than ice cream... can

even be dipped in chocolate and coated with nuts.

Fer sure? I gotta try this...

HB

Remove peel, roll each in waxed paper, twist ends and freeze. Eat
frozen like an ice pop or use in smoothies. I love watching gals eat
frozen bananas.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:18:45 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Remove peel, roll each in waxed paper, twist ends and freeze. Eat

frozen like an ice pop or use in smoothies. I love watching gals eat

frozen bananas.

waxed paper, you say... will have to try. I tried saving a couple bananas couple years ago in the freezer, but one rolled out and future ex wife said it damn near broke her toe!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:32:33 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:18:45 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Remove peel, roll each in waxed paper, twist ends and freeze. Eat

frozen like an ice pop or use in smoothies. I love watching gals eat

frozen bananas.

waxed paper, you say... will have to try. I tried saving a couple bananas couple years ago in the freezer, but one rolled out and future ex wife said it damn near broke her toe!

I wondered about waxed paper too. Why not cling wrap? Would fit more tightly ergo less chance of freezer burn. If there's a downside, what is it?

HB

Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 2:32:51 AM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:32:33 PM UTC-7, wrote:

On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:18:45 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Remove peel, roll each in waxed paper, twist ends and freeze. Eat

frozen like an ice pop or use in smoothies. I love watching gals eat

frozen bananas.

waxed paper, you say... will have to try. I tried saving a couple bananas couple years ago in the freezer, but one rolled out and future ex wife said it damn near broke her toe!

I wondered about waxed paper too. Why not cling wrap? Would fit more tightly ergo less chance of freezer burn. If there's a downside, what is it?

HB

I tried leaving couple au natural in their skin. But had a Dickens of a time trying to unwrap- and gave up. I hear the over ripe/frozen are good for daquiris or smoothies, but not tried-- yet... Pic-pac has 29 cent bananas a pound on Wednesdays and been meaning to try someday.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson wrote:

On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:32:33 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, November 1, 2013 5:18:45 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Remove peel, roll each in waxed paper, twist ends and freeze. Eat

frozen like an ice pop or use in smoothies. I love watching gals eat

frozen bananas.

waxed paper, you say... will have to try. I tried saving a couple bananas couple years ago in the freezer, but one rolled out and future ex wife said it damn near broke her toe!

I wondered about waxed paper too. Why not cling wrap?
would fit more tightly ergo less chance of freezer burn.
If there's a downside, what is it?

For the same reason confections and baked goods are typically wrapped
with waxed paper... plastic cling wrap is apt to adhere/bond... when
removed will pull away part of the banana. Bananas don't contain
sufficient water for freezer burn to occur. BTW, wax is not toxic,
wax is a natural plant/vegetable product. Of course feel free to do
as you want... I hope the rest of your lives isn't as broken/slovenly
as your newreader... what's with all the double spacing? And learn to
clean up your attributions... does your mommy still wipe your ass?

Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 2:32:51 AM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

I wondered about waxed paper too. Why not cling wrap? Would fit more tightly ergo less chance of freezer burn. If there's a downside, what is it?

HB

Maybe sensei is showing us The Way... wax on, wax off.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:54:15 AM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

Probably the new GG (?), it sucks ass... does not wipe cleanly.