Old 12-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Jeff Hancock

Default Rudbeckia Needs Help!

The tops of my Rudbeckia fulgida "Goldsturm" plants are wilting. They were
just planted late May, in between the ongoing monsoons we're having in
Hampton Roads, Virginia. No lack of soil moisture around here!

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jeff

Old 13-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Tom Randy

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:38:44 -0400, Jeff Hancock wrote:

The tops of my Rudbeckia fulgida "Goldsturm" plants are wilting. They
were just planted late May, in between the ongoing monsoons we're having
in Hampton Roads, Virginia. No lack of soil moisture around here!

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jeff

Check deep down in the soil. Is it damp or wet? Maybe it's not getting
enough water deep down. Late May? Give them some more time too. They need to
establish a bit more.
Old 15-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Frogleg

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:11:39 -0400, Tom Randy
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:38:44 -0400, Jeff Hancock wrote:

The tops of my Rudbeckia fulgida "Goldsturm" plants are wilting. They
were just planted late May, in between the ongoing monsoons we're having
in Hampton Roads, Virginia. No lack of soil moisture around here!

Any suggestions?

Check deep down in the soil. Is it damp or wet? Maybe it's not getting
enough water deep down. Late May? Give them some more time too. They need to
establish a bit more.

Believe me, it's wet deep down, too. Another half-inch fell night
before last.

The wilting *might* be due to the heat of this past week. I'd look at
them in the early morning "cool." Wish I had time-lapse video of my
hydrangea, which has been drooping and recovering each day.
Old 15-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Tom Randy

wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:38:44 -0400, Jeff Hancock wrote:

The tops of my Rudbeckia fulgida "Goldsturm" plants are wilting. They
were just planted late May, in between the ongoing monsoons we're
having in Hampton Roads, Virginia. No lack of soil moisture around
here!

Any suggestions?

Check deep down in the soil. Is it damp or wet? Maybe it's not getting
enough water deep down. Late May? Give them some more time too. They need
to establish a bit more.

Believe me, it's wet deep down, too. Another half-inch fell night before
last.

The wilting *might* be due to the heat of this past week. I'd look at
them in the early morning "cool." Wish I had time-lapse video of my
hydrangea, which has been drooping and recovering each day.

My Ruds do the wilting thing too when it's really hot so that's
normal for them.