Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-06-2003, 04:08 AM
RS

Default Plastic wrap question

In mid-July, I have to go to a wedding in Hawaii, and I will be away about 9
days. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, and I have a variety of tropicals in a
variety of pot sizes. Usually I water about twice a week ... depending on
the weather, etc.

Someone has suggested that if the opening of the base of the pot (below the
stem) is covered with plastic food wrap (i.e. Saran Wrap), the watering
cycle can be stretched out ... in an "emergency". Would this work? Or would
it be necessary to perhaps cover the plant itself, to some extent (to
minimize evaporation) ?

It is not practical to have someone come in to water the plants.

Any tips are appreciated !

-RS-