Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Gary Hancock

Default Problems with Park Seed

I ordered from Park Seed last year for the first time for this year's
planting season, because I kept hearing so many good things about
them.

I planted about 10 different vanities. Of all of them, 8 types
germinated. The Rudbeckia Goldsturm and Viola Midnights had a ZERO
percent germination. I mean NOT ONE SEED grew. The other 8 grew fine.
The Rudbeckia and Viola are all in the same soil and in the exact same
conditions as the other 8 types, so I know I'm not doing anything
wrong. All the seed packets were stored together in a cool dry place.

Secondly, over half of the seed types I ordered last year have been
removed and are now no longer sold by Park Seed. So, if you buy from
them and like what grows one year, you don't have the reliability of
ordering again the next year.

I was quite surprised by these problems, these are the typical
problems that places like Michigan Bulb has. I ordered from Park to
avoid those problems, as I have read nothing but good things about
them online.

[IMG] code is On

seed problems kagera Edible Gardening 5 17-03-2005 09:10 PM
seed starting problems - this year...??? Sterling Gardening 13 16-03-2005 04:36 PM
Mosquito Magnet Pro problems - anyone else having problems? Bruce Berger Gardening 2 04-09-2003 12:02 AM
PROOF that there are problems with Park Seed Park Tester Gardening 10 07-07-2003 08:34 PM
A good word for Park Seed B & J Gardening 0 13-02-2003 05:25 AM