Old 03-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Jacquard_The_Ripper

Default shade groundcover

Hi the

Tell me, what can I grow in zone 3b, under an evergreen (whose
branches have about 4 feet of ground clearance) as a perennial shade
ground cover?

Thanks,
Cynthia
Old 03-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Lynda

Jacquard_The_Ripper wrote:

Hi the

Tell me, what can I grow in zone 3b, under an evergreen (whose
branches have about 4 feet of ground clearance) as a perennial shade
ground cover?

Thanks,
Cynthia

you could try sweet violet.

L.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Duane Runnels

"Jacquard_The_Ripper" wrote in message
Hi the

Tell me, what can I grow in zone 3b, under an evergreen (whose
branches have about 4 feet of ground clearance) as a perennial shade
ground cover?

Thanks,
Cynthia

I'm not certain if vinca minor is hardy in 3B, but I bet it is. I'm in z5
and have had it under several pines for the last 10 years, flourishing in
almost full shade.

Old 03-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Jacquard_The_Ripper

I think it *is* hardy to zone 3
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/174/
and that's the best suggestion so far. I've seen it in nurseries
around here. I'll try it. Gotta clean it up under the tree first. I
might try a hardy fern too. I have a sprinkler system, so nothing is
going to go thirsty.

THANX
Cynthia