Old 11-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Frogleg

Default Our garden on PBS local KLRU

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:34:40 GMT, animaux
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:03:02 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

Search your cache of 'temporary internet files', if you haven't
cleared it since you viewed the movie. I'm trying to get used to
WinXP, and had to change search parameters to include "hidden" files
when I looked for it. The file is rains.mov.

My husband is a computer geek who works for Dell Inc. If he can't find it, it's
pretty obscure. We use WinXP Pro on a brand new machine. He's looked
everywhere.

Hey -- me, too! A new Dell, but with WinXP. And I *used* to be a
computer geek. I *knew* the file had to be cached, as when I went back
to the KLRU site, it played straight through instead of d'loading in
5-second chunks. I'm not at all happy with WinXP's 'search' function,
but when I nailed it to the wall and demanded it search *all* files,
incl. hidden ones, and used the search string "*.mov", I found it. And
saved it elsewhere.

Fortunately, someone in our city is sending us a copy on CD in two formats. One
will work on the computer, one on the DVD player. We'll see.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:20 PM
animaux

Okay, be patient and when one of them makes their way back here I'll send you
your own copy! They are circulating the globe, literally.

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:07:34 GMT, wrote:

I can view it but I want a copy to keep!!! LOL. Ingrid

animaux wrote:

Yes, I did get a copy and I ran two vcrs all weekend and all the copies on VHS
are out somewhere being sent all around to the many people who wanted to see it.
When a duplicate makes its way back, I'll get it out to you.

I wonder why you couldn't view it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:40:27 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

Hey -- me, too! A new Dell, but with WinXP. And I *used* to be a
computer geek. I *knew* the file had to be cached, as when I went back
to the KLRU site, it played straight through instead of d'loading in
5-second chunks. I'm not at all happy with WinXP's 'search' function,
but when I nailed it to the wall and demanded it search *all* files,
incl. hidden ones, and used the search string "*.mov", I found it. And
saved it elsewhere.

I'll tell my husband. I'm pretty sure he searched this machine like a surgeon
lysing adhesions. Do you like XP? He didn't like it as he thought it was not
as stable as Pro. It was a few hundred dollars more, but he uses this machine
for a lot of work things. We have SEVERAL Dell machines in a network, and
wireless. This room is starting to sound like a cacophony of buzzing!
Old 12-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Tono

animaux wrote:

I wonder why you couldn't view it?

I can't becasue the current version of QT doesn't work with WIN 95. I
looked for an older version of QT but couldn't find one.

Tono

Old 12-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:20:44 GMT, animaux
wrote:

[...]

" Do you like XP?" I don't cope well with change. I'd used Win98 for
several years, and had gotten used to it. Am still adjusting, one
"feature" at a time. The main problem now is that I can't *find*
anything. There's also the lack of documentation. Nowhere to look it
up, and figuring out keywords that 'help' understands isn't as good as
a manual with an index, IMHO. noise -- the new machine is a
miracle of silence compared to my previous setup. I *have* noticed,
now the temperature is up in the Computer Pantry, that there's an
audible fan -- perhaps a secondary one kicking in? Whatever makes it
happy. :-)

Old 12-07-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

wrote:

[...]

You will be far happier if you can afford to spend the extra 200 on the XP Pro.
It's MUCH more stable than XP. Take if from a senior support team my husband is
part of.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:44 PM

my DH is using XP after I upgraded his computer. I will upgrade and keep win98. I
really hate change. I am terribly frustrated trying to help him with problems, so he
is really on his own. If I move to a new system, I am moving to Linux Red Hat.
Ingrid

Frogleg wrote:
" Do you like XP?" I don't cope well with change. I'd used Win98 for
several years, and had gotten used to it. Am still adjusting, one
"feature" at a time. The main problem now is that I can't *find*
anything.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List