Old 25-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Jutta

Default Hostas not blooming!

I have 5 different types of Hosta. Some are 3 years old, some 2 years,
some new this year. They live in good conditions according to the
literature I read about them. None of them have ever bloomed. My
neighbours insist that all hostas bloom. Why aren't mine blooming?????
They get some compost every year, and I fertilized twice this summer. I
want hosta blooms!!! What's not right here?

Old 25-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Erik Kleine

Jutta wrote in message ...
I have 5 different types of Hosta. Some are 3 years old, some 2 years,
some new this year. They live in good conditions according to the
literature I read about them. None of them have ever bloomed. My
neighbours insist that all hostas bloom. Why aren't mine blooming?????
They get some compost every year, and I fertilized twice this summer. I
want hosta blooms!!! What's not right here?

In the original format of your message I found out that yo're living
in Canada. Can it be that the temerature in your aria is not high
enough for the hostas to bloom? That is a reason for not getting any
blooms, you know.
(my email: )
Old 28-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Jutta

It's a good thought, but as I said all of my neighbours' hostas are blooming...

Anyone else please venture an opinion. "Whining" "my hostas aren't blooming....
why? J.

Erik Kleine wrote:

Jutta wrote in message ...
I have 5 different types of Hosta. Some are 3 years old, some 2 years,
some new this year. They live in good conditions according to the
literature I read about them. None of them have ever bloomed. My
neighbours insist that all hostas bloom. Why aren't mine blooming?????
They get some compost every year, and I fertilized twice this summer. I
want hosta blooms!!! What's not right here?

In the original format of your message I found out that yo're living
in Canada. Can it be that the temerature in your aria is not high
enough for the hostas to bloom? That is a reason for not getting any
blooms, you know.
(my email: )

[IMG] code is On

Hostas, not the ones in Europe Jo North Carolina 18 17-04-2006 01:57 PM
Repeat Post re Hostas not blooming Jutta Gardening 13 05-08-2003 08:12 PM
Azalea question (not blooming) Alexander Pensky Gardening 7 24-06-2003 06:08 PM
Day Lilies Not Blooming GF Texas 12 07-06-2003 04:56 PM
Day Lilies Not Blooming GF Texas 7 05-06-2003 02:56 AM