Old 04-06-2003, 03:44 AM
GF

Default Day Lilies Not Blooming

I recently purchased and planted some day lilies. At the time of planting,
they had flowers, but have not produced any new blooms since then. They
receive partial to full sun and I water them every/every other day. Am I
over-watering??? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Old 04-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Victor M. Martinez

GF wrote:
I recently purchased and planted some day lilies. At the time of planting,
they had flowers, but have not produced any new blooms since then. They

Plants need time to adapt to a new environment. When did you plant them?
You might have to wait until next year for more blooms.

receive partial to full sun and I water them every/every other day. Am I
over-watering??? Any advice?

Yes, you are overwatering. Water deeply every 4-5 days only.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 04-06-2003, 06:08 AM
GF

Thanks Victor.

They were planted about 3-4 weeks ago and may still be adapting as you
suggest. Had a feeling that I was over-watering. Thanks for the
confirmation and advice.

Old 04-06-2003, 02:20 PM
animaux

These plants do not re-bloom, in general. Some of the miniature varieties will
be everblooming on and off all summer, but for the most part they have one set
of blooms per year. Do you know what named variety you bought?

Old 04-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Victor M. Martinez

animaux wrote:
be everblooming on and off all summer, but for the most part they have one set
of blooms per year. Do you know what named variety you bought?

All the day lillies we have (both cultivars and old-fashioned) bloom all summer
long.

Old 05-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Victor M. Martinez

animaux wrote:
Not all bloom repeatedly. You may have a few varieties and cultivars which do.
I do not. The only re-blooming I have are Stella D'Orro.

I stand corrected, I was thinking of something else.
Our day lillies are about halfway through their blooming season now.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Day lilies aren't blooming. Mitch Lawns 6 31-07-2007 03:26 AM
Water Lilies Blooming-Pictures bbrown9506 Ponds 3 19-08-2005 08:16 PM
Water Lilies Blooming-Pictures bbrown9506 Ponds (alternative) 0 10-08-2005 06:17 AM
Day Lilies Not Blooming GF Texas 12 07-06-2003 04:56 PM
Night blooming tropical lilies... Mick709 Ponds 1 15-04-2003 02:32 AM