Old 01-08-2003, 08:22 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default A posting a reply question

How come a lot of the times when I post a reply it doesn't show up as a part of
the thread? It will show up as an to the original post but not as part of
the thread. Sometimes it will be part of the thread.
It must have something to do with the way the preceding posts in the thread
were saved. I'm reading and posting through AOL.

Old 01-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Some One

It's most likely the way AOL works.

I assume you're doing this through a web based news reader and not
using a client program like Outlook Express?

Old 02-08-2003, 03:02 PM
N. Zitney

I'm usiong Outlook Express and having the same problem. I never see my
posts unless someone replies and the I also see the
yada,yadayadada.This didn't used to happen, I saw all my posts.
Nanzi
. ca...

Old 02-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Change your "current view" setting to "show all messages" and that should
fix the problem.

N. Zitney wrote in message
I'm usiong Outlook Express and having the same problem. I never see my
posts unless someone replies and the I also see the
yada,yadayadada.This didn't used to happen, I saw all my posts.
Nanzi
. ca...

Old 02-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Some One

Different problem than Tom was having... He'd see his posts, but they
would be in a new thread and not part of the group of original
postings.

Your problem is the way that Outlook Express checks for new posts. I
don't remember the details, but your not seeing your own posts is a
result of how your news service caches it's posts and how it responds
to Outlook Express' query to what the latest unread post is. I had to
deal with this with my own ISP and it took a while for them to find
the bug in their proxy software.

"N. Zitney" wrote in message
I'm usiong Outlook Express and having the same problem. I never see

my
posts unless someone replies and the I also see the
yada,yadayadada.This didn't used to happen, I saw all my posts.
Nanzi
. ca...

Old 03-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Barbara Yanus

the same thing happens to me. I never see my replies either. I just tried
what you suggessted, see what happens now...

Bebra

NW PA
zone 6b

. ..

N. Zitney wrote in message
I'm usiong Outlook Express and having the same problem. I never see my
posts unless someone replies and the I also see the
yada,yadayadada.This didn't used to happen, I saw all my posts.
Nanzi
. ca...

Old 04-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Barbara Yanus

Looks like I am seeing my post now...

Bebra

NE PA
zone 6b

. ca...

"N. Zitney" wrote in message
I'm usiong Outlook Express and having the same problem. I never see

my
posts unless someone replies and the I also see the
yada,yadayadada.This didn't used to happen, I saw all my posts.
Nanzi
. ca...

Old 05-08-2003, 07:02 PM
J. Lane

Hi TOM,
I'm having the same problem. I use Outlook Express and have "show all
messages" on, but my replies are showing up as Re. With the amount of
replies I've sent it looks like I'm running amok on this newsgroup! Yet
occasionally they show up in the original thread. Weird huh?
--
Jayel

Old 05-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Salty Thumb

"J. Lane" wrote in news:kgSXa.658995$Vi5.15596750
@news1.calgary.shaw.ca:

Hi TOM,
I'm having the same problem. I use Outlook Express and have "show all
messages" on, but my replies are showing up as Re. With the amount of
replies I've sent it looks like I'm running amok on this newsgroup! Yet
occasionally they show up in the original thread. Weird huh?

I dunno, I just checked and don't see a wayward post from either of you.
Have you tried using other newsreaders? If you take a look at the headers
and check the 'References:' line against the 'Message-ID:', you should be
able to tell if your follow ups are being generated correctly, and not
merely being displayed incorrectly.

-- Salty