Old 21-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Beecrofter

Default Bees nesting in lawn

Thank you for a reasonable suggestion, but these bees are swarming around the
nest area and it wouldn't be possible to capture one. I realize the
identification I gave is vague; I guess I'm just looking to narrow down the
possibilities so I can do some more online research. I've tried searching for
"ground-nesting social bees" and the like, and have had lots of hits but no
real means of identification. (And it may not matter.....!)

By the way, I'm in the northeastern USA, if that helps with anything.

Thanks again,
Carol

Can you describe it in more detail. coloration,flight,size,etc?

[IMG] code is On

Ground nesting bees? markoc Lawns 2 13-04-2010 12:20 PM
Bees nesting in a plant pot ? Simon United Kingdom 7 03-07-2006 12:48 PM
Bees nesting under my house Devoto United Kingdom 7 06-08-2004 06:07 PM
Bees nesting in a flower tub Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 0 09-06-2003 10:32 AM
Honey bees nesting in garden s guy United Kingdom 27 19-05-2003 09:56 PM