Old 19-08-2003, 11:42 PM
The Puppy Wizard

Default Does your dog do this?

HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
Michael Plumridge wrote:

When Mollie and I play, sometimes she gets
a little bit too rough and nips me hard enough
to make me wince.

Does your dog do anything like this?

No. None of my dogs has been nippers.

Right. Your dog flat HOWET attacks your only
friend and any child nearbye.

The closest Cubbe gets is when she gets the zoomies.

Or when she's attacking your only friend or any
child nearbye.

She might come close to an ankle.

That so, liea?

--Lia

You're a liar, a dog abuser, and a MENTAL CASE.

Here's your dog Cubbe attackin your only friend and
trying to attack a couple kids:

"It Was Horrible! I Let Cubbe Out In The Backyard With
Her Usual ZAP Collar - The 10 Year Old Child Went To
Give Cubbe A Hug She Gave A Snarl-Snap Cubbe Got
Out In The Neighborhood Leashless From:

Julia F N Altshuler )
Subject: 1 step forward, 2 steps back
Date: 2001-01-07 19:28:05 PST

Cubbe got out in the neighborhood leashless for the first time
in roughly 2 years. The first few times were when we first got
her before she'd had any training and before we got the
electric fence to reinforce the physical one.

It was horrible. She paid us no attention, ignored clickers
and treats and calls. Make that, it was horrible for us. She
had a blast running free and chasing whatever she wanted. For
us it was 45 minutes of sheer terror as we tried to catch her.
Luckily there wasn't too much traffic yesterday morning. It
had snowed, and the streets weren't quite clear yet. Jim
finally caught her when she was preoccupied with her head down
a hole.

For 2 years I've been giving her a daily long walk in the
neighborhood. She now walks pretty nicely on a leash. She gets
daily indoor clicker training sessions. She has perfect
recalls in the house. She gets intermittent treats for those
recalls. She gets plenty of time to run free in the backyard.
Her recalls are less reliable there, but I've been working on
them. I haven't been as good about introducing the variable
reinforcement there, but I have been good about making sure
that she's never tricked into coming into the house when she'd
rather be outside. I always call her, give her a treat or
praise and let her go again.

So I haven't been a perfect dog trainer, but I don't think I'm
a terrible one. I say that because I'm about to ask y'all for
some help in correcting my mistakes, and while I don't mind
criticism for past mistakes, I am hoping you'll concentrate on
what I should do now.

Yesterday morning Cubbe had had some nice backyard time. I'd
gotten her into the house and was preparing to leave when she
escaped straight through the front door and right in front of
our noses. She was still wearing the zap collar, but the
battery was low. She gave a small yip when she went over the
wire, and the chase ensued.

We were careful not to scold her once she was caught.

Today I let her out in the backyard with her usual zap collar
now with a fresh battery. She was waiting by the backdoor to
come in when I went to call her. From her excited behavior, I
could tell that she fully expected to be let out the front
door again so she could have another fun romp in the
neighborhood. I'm so filled with anxiety from yesterday's
escapade that I keep checking for her every time I open the
door.

Later in the afternoon, she was much worse
about coming when called even from the backyard.

My specific questions:

How do I teach recalls when she so clearly knows
when she's in a confined space and when she isn't?

She normally only wears the zap collar when she's in the
backyard because the wire goes around the house and could zap
her when she's near certain windows inside. If I let her get
zapped at the front door with the zap collar, can I still take
the zap collar off and walk her out the front door with her
leash on? I don't want her to become afraid of the front door.

What's the best emergency procedure if, god forbid, it should
happen again?

Might Cubbe be ready for harsher training techniques? By this
I mean, I've been using clicker and treats for Cubbe because
she so obviously freaked when we used leash corrections and
scoldings when we first got her.

I know this is a hard subject to bring up without starting the
whole cruelty thread again so I'll state my opinion once and
won't defend it further: any method can be cruel for some
dogs.

Even the slightest punishment was wrong for Cubbe at the
beginning, but we've come a long way since then. She trusts
us now as I mentioned in a recent post. Point is, she's been
rewarded for coming, but she's never been punished, even in
the mildest way, for not coming.

Is it time for that?

What might I look for to tell?

Last night we had friends over for dinner with their 3
daughters ages 14, 10 and 7. The girls loved Cubbe and were
having a blast clicker training her. I was impressed with how
quickly they caught on and how little correction they needed
to be consistent with the clicks and treats. Cubbe was fine
with the children; she always has been. Just as they were
getting ready to go, the 10 year old went to give Cubbe a hug.
Cubbe must have felt threatened and confined because she gave
a snarl-snap.

I was right there, and without thinking I quickly yelled,
turned Cubbe over on her back, got in the face and let her
know that no snarling is allowed. The girl wasn't frightened
at all, and her parents who were also right there hadn't
realized what had happened. I then asked the snarlee to rub
Cubbe's belly further to reinforce that Cubbe is the
submissive one in that relationship. I let Cubbe up and all
was fine.

I suppose that's another issue, but I bring it up as part of
wondering if Cubbe should be trained with punishments now.
Like I said, I did that without thinking, and now I think it
was the right thing to do. So how do I apply this to dealing
with Cubbe the escapee?

--Lia

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

I need help deciding if I have a real problem with Cubbe
that needs immediate attention or if I'm imagining trouble
where there is none.

Here's what happened last April the way I described it to
a friend at the time:

I'm worried about Cubbe. Or rather, I'm kicking myself for
doing something stupid. Ellie has been over many times and
has always gotten along great with Cubbe. Cubbe is always
at the door when I let Ellie in.

She's barky-protective but then stops barking once Ellie is
inside. She's never shown any real aggression. The other
night Ellie and I went out together to run an errand.

Ellie was coming in the house with packages so I came in
first and put Cubbe in the bedroom with Jim so Ellie could
get through the door more easily. I could hear Cubbe
barking. Once Ellie was inside, I opened the bedroom door
for Cubbe. She ran out to attack the intruder. Ellie was
trying to be friendly.

Ellie put a tooth in Ellie's finger. Granted the resulting
scratch was no worse than the way my cuticles bleed when
they get dry and I don't rub lotion into them every night,
but Ellie was understandably scared.

Jim ran out and got control of Cubbe right away. I got
Ellie some alcohol and a bandage. The scary thing is that,
even though the damage is minor, it does qualify as a bite
since Cubbe did mean to do it. I guess I should just learn
from it and never let Cubbe greet someone like that again,
but I'm horribly torn up.

I've said that I would never keep an aggressive dog. Now
the whole issue is so complicated. Cubbe is great even
with kids when we meet them in the neighborhood.
Since then I've been careful not to do anything like that.
Then Halloween night Cubbe spent most of the night in the
computer room with Jim while I answered the door. She did
bark each time she heard the doorbell ring. We did nothing
to discourage that. We want her to be barky protective so
it made sense for her to bark when she heard people in the
neighborhood, especially at night. Later in the evening,
Jim put Cubbe on a leash and was hanging out with her in the
front hall while I still got the door. One of the first
people to come to the door once she was out of the computer
room was our neighbor Nicky.

I think Nicky is 11 now. He's known Cubbe since we got her
4 years ago, has always liked her, petted her and asked to
come on walks. Nick lifted his mask on the porch so I'd
know who it was. Then I invited him into the hall to pet
Cubbe.

Cubbe snarled and sort of air snapped at him. Of course
Jim was right there so no damage was done. Nick didn't
even have to draw his hand away, and he didn't get scared.
Nothing scares that boy.

I don't like this. Twice now Cubbe has been overly
protective-aggressive when people have entered the house.
Both times they've been people she knows and should like.
She's wonderfully nice to people on walks. We don't have
guests over too often so I can't comment if it's a growing
thing or not.

Comments please. Is this a major growing aggression
problem?

I'd guess it's territoriality about the house and yard.
What do I do about it?

I usually put Cubbe on a leash when friends come over
and then walk her outside while the friend gets out of
her car, and then we walk in together.

She'll still bark when they're in the house and then
calm down. Is that a good idea? Should I be
doing something more to make sure this doesn't escalate?
--Lia

Old 20-08-2003, 05:02 AM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY bluecobra,

"BLueCoBra" wrote in message

Puppy Wizzer....'PLONK!'

You should learn to trim crossposts and snip
pertinent text and put NINNYBOY in the subject
header to AVOID EMBARASSMENT.

Does this post OFFEND YOU?

SomeWON is a LIAR, a DOG ABUSER, and a
MENTAL CASE.

It's either liea or The Puppy Wizard.

FIGGER IT HOWET.

If you're OFFENDED, it's on accHOWENT OF you IDENTIFY
with the LIAR, DOG ABUSER, and MENTAL CASE.

Does "PLONK" mean you killfiled the LIAR, DOG ABUSER
and MENTAL CASE?

I guess if you don't reply, that means you're a liar, a dog
abuser, and a MENTAL CASE, don't it?

The Puppy Wizard. } ; ~ )

Old 20-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Greg Hanson

I see now how "special" the Puppy Wizard is.
Google found 123,000 hits on Jerry Howe in the newsgroups.
I really like the sock puppet testimonials for him.
Do you think I was suprised to see hundreds of
complaints about him TROLLING and SPAMMING?

I think it's funny how him and his sock puppets
keep using his last name Howe instead of the word how
as if he's just going for the world record for trolling
and needs the name recognition.

He posted this publicly in the newsgroups.

http://www.doggydoright.com

Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St Orlando, FL 32805

Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Phone: 1-888-BIOSOUND (1-888-246-7686)
Phone: 1-888-WITSEND (1-888-948-7363)

Old 20-08-2003, 12:32 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

"Greg Hanson" wrote in message
om...
said

I guess if you don't reply, that means you're a
liar, a dog abuser, and a MENTAL CASE, don't it?

If he's really so in need of attention,

Perhaps you'd like to give The Puppy Wizard
a SPANKIN, eh greg?

I suggest that everybody send their complaints
about "ThePuppyWizard" to Puppy Wizard's
mommy care of

Because you KNOW The Puppy Wizard can PROVE
spanking a child or choking shockin and crating a dog
are the same same same same ABUSE that gets
DOGS DEAD and makes kids kill their parents, greg?

You're just a other child abusing COWARD, or you'd
DISCUSS the INFORMATION YOU FEAR, that The
Puppy Wizard has to SHARE with J. Q. Pubic:

From: Greg Hanson )
Subject: THE PLANT ON DRUGS?
Newsgroups: alt.parenting.spanking,
alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents
Date: 2003-06-28 03:23:35 PST

Kane:
Did you pick up your parenting style in the Hait?
(San Francisco) Do you look like Dharma's Dad?

You meet disobedience with romper room? (Montessouri
is a crock) What happens when a kid doesn't learn that
their actions have consequences.

They grow up withHOWET FEAR, greg. Just
like HOWE a dog does, and they EXCEL,
just like HOWE a dog does. We can PROVE
THAT right here, with HOWER DOG ABUSERS
case histories and their FAILURES on the job,
in the ring, and in real life... it's all HISTORY, greg.

You have said you have grown kids, but I don't believe it.

Because you got INSIDE INFO???

You sound just too much like the run of the mill childless
knowitall SW.

Like The Puppy Wizard?

Teaching "no consequences" can be truly dangerous for kids.

You mean, not spanking and intimidating and hurtin
humilating and punishing defensless children and
dogs, greg?

Teaching CONSEQUENCES teaches kids their mommy
and daddy aren't INTELLIGENT or CARING enough to
PROTECT THEM as A MOMMY DOG WOULD.

The Puppy Wizard cannot justify HURTING an
animal to train IT, and HE gets 100% NEAR
INSTANT PERFECT RESULTS... WITHOWET
FEAR FORCE OR INTIMIDATION, with DOGS.

You can't even COMMUNICATE with a child who
CAN TALK YOUR OWN LANGUAGE, so you got
to BEAT IT, to show IT, your INTELLIGENCE, greg?

Isn't that how dissociative disorder starts?

Yeah, that's HOWE COME you MENTAL CASES
congregate here.

Was that guy that ran Enron's scam your son?

You're talkin raggtime greg, cause YOU GOT NO ARGUMENT.

I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed
my parents. I'd have rather have been drug to my parents
by knowing they would answer my questions when I was
wrong because they understood that my mistakes were
not malicious or done with intent to harm or disobey,
but were just my ignorant attempt to try and find a way
in life that I could come out of my ignorance into responsible
adult power.

As it SHOULD BE, greg, if you was an emotionally
secure intelligent decent kindly adult.

Instead they beat and humiliate me and called it "discipline."

BECAUSE THEY WAS COWARDS, LIKE YOU, greg.

( Humiliate? You? in a thread called "The Plant on Drugs?"

??)
( Isn't that a hypocrisy? Or a contradiction? )

SHOWENDS LIKE A DIVERSION, greg. Stick to
the ISSUES. You abusers like to drift away from
the ISSUES, greg. The ISSUE was HUMILIATION
of a small child being BEATEN BY A COWARD.

( After your swearing jag on internet a few months ago,

You afraid of WORDS, greg?

you don't impress me as some expert on social interaction. )

Perhaps not like HOWE The Puppy Wizard is... eh greg?

( Calling spanking "beating" is quite the hyperbole. )

Yeah. Spankin is ABUSE, greg. The Puppy Wizard
intends to get LAWS PASSED, protecting DOGS
and CHILDREN from ABUSERS like YOU, greg.

( Kinda like "pantywaist"

Like The Puppy Wizard, cause HE don't HURT
dogs to train them.

"namby pamby"

Because we're AFRAID of ALIENATING HOWER
DOGS AND CHILDREN, and having to KILL or
throw them into INSTITUTIONS when they get
TOO BIG TO PUSH ARHOWEND, eh greg?

or "milquetoast"

Because they got the INTELLECT to KNOW
that BEIN A BULLY only teaches FEAR
DISRESPECT and VIOLENCE and makes
dogs and children PHYSICALLY ILL,
EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE, and VICIHOWES?

WE GOT THE DOG STUDIES TO PROVE IT, greg.

to describe people pushing the never spank agenda

You mean, like INTELLIGENT, DECENT,
COMPETENT, GENTLE, HUMAN BEINGS, greg?

onto people who rarely spank. )

Only takes WON TIME to make a dog TURN ON
YOU, greg. Same same same same for KIDS and
spHOWESES, greg. It's all the same same same
same.

The Puppy Wizard sez only ABUSERS and COWARDS
rely on fear force intimidation pain and confinement to
COMMUNICATE with less capable beings.

CARE TO DISS-CUSS THAT, greg.

You'd LIKE to SPANK The Puppy Wizard, wouldn't
you, greg..., but you NEVER WOULD. Not cause
you're AFRAID of THE SAME CRIMINAL LAWS
that PROTECT CITIZENS which we NEED to
PROTECT HOWER CHILDREN and DOGS from
being ABUSED by COWARDS like you greg, but
because YOU are a COWARD, greg.

You wouldn't HURT someWON capable of
DEFENDING HISSELF.

YOU WOULDN'T USE COPORAL PUNISHMENT
IF YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET HURT,
INSTEAD OF GIVIN THE HURT, greg.

HOWE will it FEEL when we get LAWS to
PROTECT kids and critters from ABUSERS
LIKE YOU, who ONLY RARELY ABUSE their
kids and dogs, and GO TO JAIL WHEN THEY
GET CAUGHT ABUSING DOGS OR KIDS, greg,
like they do for BEATIN THEIR SPHOWESES?

Don't take it PERSONALLY, greg, this is
STRICTLY PROFESSIONAL. Dogs and
kids can't talk for themselves, so The Puppy
Wizard is doin that for them... and HE'S armed
to the hilt, with FACTS and CASE HISTORIES, greg.

Oh, lookey here, here's WON nHOWE:

"Terri"@cyberhighway

Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs since
I freely admit to having read and, I hope, understood enough
of the manual and it's counterparts by John Fisher and the
posts of Marylin Rammell to believe and use it. This naive
child would like to say thank you to both Jerry and Marylin for
putting up with a constant barrage of really infantile crap at
the hands of supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the nagging
idea that if people like them had been posting earlier, maybe
we would not have had to hold the head of a really
magnificent animal in our arms while he was given the
needle and having to hug him and wait until he gasped
his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog into
good behavior. Naive is believing that people that hide
behind fake names are more honest than people that use
their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante dog
breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j.h.) are the equal or better than those that have studied and
lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing that
people like Jerry Howe and Marylin Rammell are going to
just go away because you people act like fools. Why do you
act like fools? I really have no idea, and I don't really care.

And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and actually
admit to buying and having success with his little black
box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and take
it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and testing. You
would never believe the results, so you'll never know.

Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming to
him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve, eh?
As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to listen to the
box first?)

Hello People,

Robert Crim was a former Gang Of Thugs Member, and
hated me a much as the rest of our Thugs do. Robert was a
long time friend and prominent contributor to rpdb, till Jerry
came along and smartened him up. He learned the hard
way, and no longer posts to his former pals, because it is
just too painful knowing his pals would rather HURT and
KILL their dogs than to admit that JERRY is RIGHT.

The Puppy Wizard. } ; ~ )

Old 20-08-2003, 01:02 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

"Greg Hanson" wrote in message
om...

I see now how "special" the Puppy Wizard is.

The Puppy Wizard can prove you got NO CASE
for spanking punishing scolding or otherWIZE
"disciplining" children or dogs as you PREFER.

Google found 123,000 hits on Jerry Howe in
the newsgroups.

INDEEDY. The Puppy Wizard has written the
most compelling INFORMATION on behaviorISM
since DISCREDITING descarte, Pavlov, Skinner,
and Scott & Fuller, to name a few.

I really like the sock puppet testimonials for him.

You care to discuss their case histories with them, greg?
They can ALL be contacted, if you promise to be on your
good behavior when dealing with decent human beings.

Do you think I was suprised to see hundreds of
complaints about him TROLLING and SPAMMING?

Not at all. Those COMPLAINTS are from ABUSERS,
like yourself, greg. Are you a LIAR, like your pals, to boot?

WE'LL SEE, greg. We'll SEE HOWE well your WORD
stands up to SCRUTINY.

I think it's funny how him and his sock puppets
keep using his last name Howe instead of the word how
as if he's just going for the world record for trolling
and needs the name recognition.

You're a child abuser, greg. Dog you have critters, too?

He posted this publicly in the newsgroups.

http://www.doggydoright.com

Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St Orlando, FL 32805

Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Phone: 1-888-BIOSOUND (1-888-246-7686)
Phone: 1-888-WITSEND (1-888-948-7363)

Yeah. That's on accHOWENT of The Puppy
Wizard isn't an anonymHOWES lying dog
abusing Punk Thug COWARD, like your pals
here...

Still remains to be seen if you're a liar, too, greg.

MOST COWARDS ARE.

Isn't that correct, greg?

Hi, Jerry.

I'm not sure that I'm a 100% convert, or that I agree
with (or even understand) 100% of what you say in this
manual ... BUT ... we had "come" down pat in a few
reps and you could have knocked me down when I tried
the exercise with "drop" and, after a few reps in
different spots Darwin practically *threw* the rubber
ball at my feet on command. He's still not perfect
(just a pup, after all, and he's stubborn enough to
want to push and test me a little bit more).

For what it's worth, I can see (as no doubt you have)
how your usenet manner is likely to rankle a few
folks, but that woman who advocates ear pulling and
beating with sticks deserves everything she gets. Even
if that was the only method that would work, I'd live
with my dog not fetching rather than do any of that.
(Darwin fetches enthusiastically and instinctively,
tho').

Best, ben

===================

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:33:36 -0500

Okay, I gotta speak up here... We've been using Jerry's
methods with our dog. We had the same problem as the
original poster has with Buzz. One day working with the
family pack exercise and practicing the recall command
with the family and she'll now go out with hubby and
daughter instead of needing me to reassure her or even
refusing to go with anyone but me.

I really urge you, regardless of the negative things you
might hear about Jerry & Wits' End here, to try the method
and *judge the results for yourself*.

Let's see what other areas she's improved in... always
comes when called, not chewing stuff even if we leave
it laying around, "re"housebroken after long shelter stay,
walks perfectly on leash, doesn't try to steal food from
our plates or beg... probably a few more things I'm
forgetting to mention. *(Yeah, the kats lay off the koi
and don't wander. jh).

That's in about a week's time.

Her overall demeanor has changed. When we brought
her home she was very untrusting and ultra-submissive
(except with her area/toys where she was possessive and
nippy).

She had been abused and beaten by previous owners,
then she was in a shelter for months. They (most of them)
wanted to give up and kill her Now she's gained confidence
and trust with us. Last night was another big breakthrough
(in my eyes). She barked! Big deal, she barked just once
when she heard the front door. Great!

Anyway, you'll be told lots of nasty stuff about Jerry or that
the Wits' End manual is culled from other sources. In my
opinion, even if it is, it takes only the good stuff and leaves
out the bad. Works for me.

(And I suppose I gotta say this... I don't know Jerry personally.
I've emailed him and instant messaged him. I have not bought a
"Doggy Do Right". He's offered help for free.)

Ms. Mick Owen Crneckiy
http://www.crneckiy.com & http://tarot.crneckiy.com
E-mail & MSN Messenger:
AIM & Yahoo!: MickCrneckiy ~ ICQ: 72461227

======================

"JoeTheGuru" wrote in
message
news: ...

JERRY SAVE THIS LAD!!!!

or it could be a troll are you a troll??
do not use it on your dog.....

would you use it on your best friend.....

I have read jerry's book, it seems too easy at first.
however I started to use some of the training out of it and now.

I have a dog that heels as fast as a collie in a
trial.great dane X mastiff

I have a dog that stays and never leaves the spot.

I have a dog that comes when ever I call.

I have a dog that never leaves the yard, never runs away.

I have a dog that stands still to be washed
with the cold hose.

I have a dog that never pulls on
the lead when we walk.

I have a dog that puts up with more abuse then a
dog should from my 2 year old and loves it

I have a dog that barks at the fence only when some ones there.

I have a dog that would not care less if there is
another dog in the park only wants to be with and
please me though a lot of this is due to me training the dog
spending the time with the dog.

jerry's book showed me not to punish the dog. but
just to work with the dog. which I liked the idea of
hence why I tried it. it is easy to become
frustrated with a dog when you are trying to train
them.

I look forward to my next puppy ban dog so
I can use the information from jerry's book
and see just how good a dog can get.

the dog I have now was when I picked her up from
the RSPCA. she could not walk on a lead no idea.
cowered from every noise and wet her self, messed
in the house at every turn. acted like I was killing her
when I dragged her over to the mess.

this was A 6 month old pup that had been beaten
2.5 feet to the shoulder. I could of taken her back
however I knew I could bring her back to being to
be a dog.

the dog I have now at 1.5 years same dog is a dog
to be proud to walk down the street with 3 feet to
the shoulder and still growing.

so well behaved even when people walk passed with
a out of control dog. gentle with my child and trustworthy
I never have to worry that my dog will bite her, only
have to worry if a stranger comes over to my child.
still that is not a worry, she places herself between my
child and the stranger.

I may be plugging jerry's book, however with the
crap out there it is good to see that someone has
moved forward. looked at a different way to train
dogs. yes he gets into people, and in their face
you should back off a little jerry however he is
sick of the bashing, choking, shocking, shaking
and everything else. so jerry save this lad from
ruining his dog. later, Joe

===================

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
in message

I read up on rotties, pitbulls, etc., and quite a
bit of the literature suggested I needed to assert
my dominance and "make the dog earn everything it
gets."

I tried this once or twice, just by taking a stern
tone of voice, and the results were terrible.
The pup got scared and just wanted to stay away from
me.

That's why I support Jerry Howe and his FREE
Wits' End Dog Training manual -- that and the fact
that Jerry is an all-around great guy.

The core takeaway I got from Jerry's manual is this:
make yourself the center of your puppy's world -
- his personal Lord Jesus. Never give him a reason
to fear you or think you're angry. Love the heck
out of him, and you'll end up with a great dog.

This has truly worked with my puppy. She'll do
anything I want her to, if she understands, because
she trusts me 100 percent, and nothing is more
important in her world than her relationship
with me.
http://www.geocities.com/viscouspuppy
Charlie

=========================

"I know that most men, including those at ease with
problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept
even the simplest and most obvious truth if it would
oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they
have delighted in explaining to colleagues, proudly
taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by
thread, into the fabric of their lives."
-Leo Tolstoy-

Is it any wonder that the following sig file has generated
more complaints to my personal email than any other
controversial post I have made to date, bar none?:

CAVEAT
If you have to do things to your dog to train him that you
would rather not have to do, then you shouldn't be doing
them. If you have a dog trainer who tells you to jerk your
dog around, choke him, pinch his ears, or twist his toes,
shock, shake, slap, scold, hit, chin cuff, scruff shake or
punish your dog in any manner, that corrections
are appropriate, that the dog won't think of you as the
punisher, or that corrections are not harmful, or if they
can't train your dog to do what you want, look for a
trainer that knows HOWE.

Thank you,
Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Phone: 1-888-BIOSOUND (1-888-246-7686)
Phone: 1-888-WITSEND (1-888-948-7363)
http://www.doggydoright.com

Nature, to be mastered, must be obeyed.
-Francis Bacon-

There are terrible people who, instead of solving a
problem, bungle it and make it more difficult for all who
come after. Who ever can't hit the nail on the head
should, please, not hit at all.
-Nietzsche-

The abilities to think, rationalize and solve problems are
learned qualities.

The Wits' End Dog Training Method challenges the learning
centers in the dogs brain. These centers, once challenged,
develop and continue to grow to make him smarter.

The Wits' End Dog Training method capitalizes on
praising split seconds of canine thought, strategy, and
timing, not mindless hours of forced repetition, constant
corrections, and scolding.
-Jerry Howe-

The Puppy Wizard. }TPW ; ~ )

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?
,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizzzard. }YPW ; ~ }
oo-oo

Old 20-08-2003, 01:22 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

Cleanliness is next to G-dliness, ain't it?:

[...]

Here's YOU, greg:

From: Greg Hanson )
Subject: We cleaned up - did no good - they have attitude
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
Date: 2001-08-30 12:15:51 PST

CPS keeps implying our house was not clean, when it was.
Somehow every time people hear "clutter" they think filth.
Ours was cluttered but not filthy.

We got angry when the caseworker came back, because
every time we asked them to tell us what the standards
were, they gave us the "deer in the headlights" look.
6 months later they still* have not given us the relevant
code or standards.

I found the Iowa CPS Assessment manual online, and the
closest I could come to cutter in any way was safety.

As we've suspected,there IS no standard. It's vaguery.
Ours was no "garbage house" case.

They never took pictures, for a reason.

I was once inside a house where two litttle old ladies
had taken in 25 cats and 7 dogs and the house was
a bio hazard.

I was also in a house with tall book cases everywhere,
full of books. Many truly valuable collectables.

Even rich people's houses have "clutter" in some rooms.

-----------------------

Yeah. And state CHILD WELFARE INSPECTORS
don't COMPLAIN abHOWET decent HOWEses, do
they, greg?

BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

The Filth Wizard. } ; ~ )

BWEEAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Old 20-08-2003, 01:42 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

From: Greg Hanson )
Subject: slippery slope
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
Date: 2001-08-28 16:58:44 PST

OK, so hot peppers in the mouth is off-limits,

You mean, no MOORE Tex-Mex at greg's HOWES?

washing potty mouth out with Ivory soap is off limits,

HOWE COME a child would talk like THAT, greg?

and giving a kid a fast cold shower is off limits.

The Puppy Wizard ENJOYS cold sHOWEers, greg.

Then what Dan?

Then you'll be forced to go back to the good
ol fashioned strap, like your daddy used on
you, eh, greg?

The Puppy Wizard's DADDY NEVER HURT HIS
little Wizard, greg. HOWE COME your daddy
HURT YOU, eh? Was you a filthy little scumbag
as a child, like HOWE you are as a MENTALLY
ILL adult?

Will it be off-limits to make the kids eat Lima beans?

Only if you FORCE them to, greg. You don't have
the RIGHT to FORCE a kid to EAT or do ANYTHING,
greg. You can't have total control because you're
BIGGER, greg. You got to EARN TOTAL CONTROL
cause you're WIZER, greg. You ain't. You can't HOWEtwit
the cunning of a child, can you greg, or you wouldn't be
PROVOKED to PUNISH HURT and INTIMIDATE them.

WOULD YOU, greg.

Spanking?

There WILL BE LAWS protecting children and
dogs from incompetent filthy COWARDS like
you, greg.

NUTHIN PERSONAL, this is STRICTLY BUSINESS, greg.

Or "grounding" them?

If you had the INTELLECT to HOWEtwit the cunnin
of a child, you WOULDN'T NEED to PUNISH them.

WOULD YOU, greg.

Or forbidding them to associate with certain people?

If you done your PARENTING and TAUGHT VALUES
INSTEAD OF FEAR (you call THAT, RESPECT), you
wouldn't NEED to worry abHOWET the company they
keep.

We KNOW the fruit don't fall far from the FRUITCAKE,
greg. Perhaps OTHER parents should beware of their
hoodlum kids slumming with the likes of yours, eh greg?

Or taking away TV privelidges?

The Puppy Wizard does not approve of PUNIHMENT,
greg. That's HOWE COME kids and dogs HAVE the
behavior temperament and health problems they have,
greg. The Puppy Wizard's Archives PROVES THAT,
greg.

ALL BEHAIVOR PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED
BY MISHANDLING.

K-Mart clothes?

Try to stick with the ISSUES, greg. If you ain't
got enough ARGUMENT, then get the heel
HOWETA The Puppy Wizard's Territory.

I object to letting CPS dictate such things.

You OBJECT to not being allHOWED to HURT
and TAKE AWAY from the kids to prove YOU
are ALL PHOWERFUL, greg. The Puppy Wizard
has spent forty sumpthin years workin with dog
owners who are as screwed up as you as a parent,
greg.

The only difference is, as a DOG TRAINER, The
Puppy Wizard can SHOW the ABUSER the error
of their ways...

Inflicted injuries

Like slappin arHOWEND a kid, greg? The
Puppy Wizard always advises kids to CALL
THE COPS if their parents strike them, greg.

or sexual abuse

Do you get PLEASURE from asserting your
physical authority through "corporal punishment,"
greg? Is that what provokes you to WANT to
HURT your kids, greg?

should be police matters

Like hitin ANY citizen, greg.

and the rest should be up to the parents.

We'll be building secure criminal mental
health facilities for parents like you, to
prevent juvenile delinquency... See the
Sep 97 issue of Journal of Psychology
for the inside scoop on child abuse and
juvenile and young adolescent CRIME,
greg. We GOT to LOCK YOU UP, to
PROTECT society from HOWER next
generation of abused kids.

Where does the "slippery slope" of
overcontrolling CPS begin?

Starts with LEGISLATION with SEVERE
CRIMINAL MENTAL HEALTH PENALTIES
and SUPERVISION and INSPECTIONS and
CONselling for ABUSING CHILDREN, greg.

The Puppy Wizard. } ; ~ )

------------------------

Old 20-08-2003, 02:02 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

You don't got to be a SCIENTIST to know ABUSE and FILTH, when you
SEE IT:

From: Greg Hanson )
Subject: How to Argue Like an Anti-Spank Zealot
Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.parenting.spanking,
alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,
misc.kids, misc.legal
Date: 2001-08-23 10:09:14 PST

Geezer,
Do you intend to be in this SUPPORT newsgroup for
families victimized by CPS and pick fights with
the victimized families?

Do you presume to be in a position to lecture us?

Why not? We are already being abused by
CPS caseworkers without educational credentials.

Even if they DO have credentials, their college degree
is an ARTS degree not a SCIENCE degree.

Social Work is an ART, not a SCIENCE.
Makes for good kangaroo court.

Old 20-08-2003, 02:02 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

Because The Puppy Wizard hasn't read all of your
posts as HE has the DOG ABUSERS we got here,
does this post mean YOU GOT YOUR KIDS TOOK
AWAY cause YOU'RE AN ABUSER? Or was you
talkin abHOWET hemhorroids or a bad tooth?:

From: Greg Hanson )
Subject: Death Row
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
Date: 2001-09-26 04:37:39 PST

Living with a removal makes me understand why
convicted murderers ask for quick death.
This situation feels like a "lingering death".

------------------------

You mean, it FEELS LIKE being PUNISHED, greg?

The Puppy Wizard. } ; ~ )

Old 20-08-2003, 02:02 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

No wonder you FEAR and HATE The Puppy Wizard
and ALL decent, intelligent, kindly, human beings:

From: Greg Hanson )
Subject: CPS reading this?
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
Date: 2001-09-24 16:28:51 PST

My family is under siege from CPS, 7th month now..
If they want to introduce anything from this newsgroup
into evidence, I would demand that they introduce
ALL of it into evidence. Including all of the links and
content at those links. I doubt they want to.
Those links about sex offender CPS workers and
the rotten truths about the screwed up system
might not work to their advantage.

How has CPS actually used newsgroup posts?
What is the nature of their complaint?
Violation of privacy, even when names left out?

Old 20-08-2003, 03:12 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

From: Greg Hanson )
Subject: Gregs DV ""victim"" goes on rampage
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
Date: 2002-09-18 12:46:03 PST

I was convicted of Domestic Violence 6 years ago.

Yeah. You pled guilty for CONvienience, to spare
the EMBARASSMENT of your children havin to
come into court to TESTIFY AGAINST YOU, greg.

The "rules of evidence" prevented me from bringing
up her ongoing weekly counseling for rage and anger
problems.

RIGHT! SHE MADE YOU BEAT HER, LIKE YOU
DO YOUR CHILDREN, eh greg? That's the classic
abusers DEFENSE.

The jury got a one inch stack of jury instructions.

To SERVE YOUR RIGHTS, as an ALLEGED CRIMINAL,
greg, the LOWEST FORM OF CRIMINAL, a child / woman
abuser, you big tough MAN, you are. Eh, greg honey?

The so-called "victim" has gone on an angry rampage.

The VICTIM? You mean, YOUR VICTIM, greg.

Did over 90K worth of damage.

You shoulda called the COPS, instead of BEATIN
YOUR MATE, matey.

Convicted.

Duh-Oh.

Owes at least 4 people reparations.

Yeah... all FRAUDULENT allegations, eh greg?

Chalk it up to another success for the courts and social

workers.

No. Chalk it up as a other example of too lienient
CRIMINAL PENALTIES for ABUSERS, greg.

The Puppy Wizard intends to see LAWS with
TEETH passed PROTECTING children and
dogs from ABUSERS like yourself.

The womens can defend themselves... as this
WON did, and won. The PROBLEM is, we
NEED SEVERE PENALTIES for PUNISHERS, greg.

Just as YOU LIKE to impose on DEFENSLESS
women and children... eh, greg?

The worm has TURNED, greg.

The Worm Wizard. } ; ~ )

Old 20-08-2003, 03:22 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

Message 1 in thread
From: Kane )
Subject: GREEGOR THE WHORE IS STILL AT IT was
Proving young kids' abuse claims can be hard
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
Date: 2002-09-14 19:43:19 PST

(Greg Hanson) wrote in message
. com...

"contamination" by the untrained questioner.

Yeah. You NEED a COP or an attorney to INTERROGATE
at CHILD you've ABUSED, to get the story straight, eh greg?

Is there any other kind?

Don't let the FACTS CONvict you, greg.

Does your state require evidenciary interviewers to be
qualified and licensed?

You mean, trained interrorgators, to question a
FREAKIN ABUSED CHILD, greg?

Yah know Greegor, this dancing around the
edge of the group like a little left out of the
big boys circle

greg IS playin with the BIG BOYS, nHOWE.
greg doesn't LIKE THAT, cause nHOWE he's
gettin BULLIED by THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS.

on the playground makes clear to me you haven't
done a damn thing to get that little girl back to
her mother.

A BLESSING. Abusers NEVER QUIT, greg. YOU
KNOW THAT, The Puppy Wizard KNOWS that,
EVERY WON KNOWS ABUSERS NEVER STOP
UNTILL THEY'RE CONFRONTED and REHABILITATED.

You still sit on your selfish, self serving, arrogant
ass in HER home in HER space eating HER food
taking up HER mothers time and affections.

That's the NATURE of a PARASITE.

Are you a sociopath or something?

Yeah. So's The Puppy Wizard. HE'S goin PSYCHO
ON YOU greg, USIN YOUR OWN WORDS again.

That REALLY galls HOWER DOG ABUSERS...
oughta drive HOWER CHILD and WOMAN ABUSERS
STARK RAVIN MAD, eh greg? FEEL LIKE SPANKIN
The Puppy Wizard, greg?

How long are you going to pretend it was the
state that took the girl

That's the NATURE of an ABUSER, ain't it, greg.

rather than admit you drove the child out with
your bathroom and shower activity

You mean, DISCIPLINE.

and your stupid mindless babble of a motion
submitted to the court over your lady friend's
signature...you ****ing lowlife coward?

That's the NATURE of a ABUSER, ain't it, greg.

Kane

Thank, Kane.

Let's turn these COWARDS, HOWET, eh good buddy???

The Coward Wizard. } ; ~ )

Old 20-08-2003, 03:42 PM
The Puppy Wizard

HOWEDY greg,

As a CONvicted child and woman abuser, are you
nHOWE practicing law witHOWET a license?

You think your track record is worthy of a
jailHOWES lawyer, greg?

From: Greg Hanson )
Subject: I need help fighting cps
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
Date: 2002-05-04 11:03:05 PST

Sent intro message VIA e-mail.

BWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

You sHOWEND just like lyingdogDUMMY, aka
joey finochiario, aka gentleman jack morrison,
aka tommy soronson, proprietor of soronson's
cock figh and puppy mill farm... BUT YOU'RE
MOORE FUN TO EMBARASS, eh greg???

The Puppy Wizard NEVER woulda believe HE
could find a BIGGER COWARD than lyingdogDUMMY.

BWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!