Old 15-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Bill Badland

Default Hauling Uphill

Use a skyhook.

From: "Leif Thorvaldson"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens,rec.crafts.woodturning
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:54:04 -0700
Subject: Hauling Uphill

Another possibility is to check with the coach of the local H.S. football
team and ask him if he'd like a good workout spot for his team! *G*

Leif
"Henry Doolittle" wrote in message
Have you ever wondered what happens to those people who are given

community
service by the state. This sounds like a good job for those who need to

pay
back their dept to society. Most Boy Scout troops are looking for good
community service projects. Invite friends over for a good old fashion

barn
raising and pot luck. Get your friends, family, neighbors, and community
involved. One of them will look over the edge and say "we had this

problem
back in 07" and while he is talking the rest will get the job done.

Henry

"Greg" wrote in message
om...
Hi. We'll be cutting down trees, removing overgrown brush, etc. from
about 4000 sq. ft. of our downsloping lot. I've rented a large green
waste container, but can anyone suggest an efficient, cost-effective
way to get the stuff we cut uphill to the container at street level.
It's not possible to get any type of vehicle behind our house.

Right now, we're just thinking of putting as much as we can in either
boxes or heavy duty plastic bags, and having two people carry one of
these up, then repeat (and repeat...) I'll have two other guys
helping me. Thanks for any help.

Old 15-09-2003, 01:12 AM
David Hill

"..... One of them will look over the edge and say "we had this problem back
in 07" and while he is talking the rest will get the job done. .........."

Well if he was around in 07 (I presume you mean 1907) then it's best for him
just to talk and not be hauling logs with the others.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 15-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Mike Vore

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:30:12 GMT, David J Bockman wrote:

For close to the cost of the container, you could rent a heavy duty
chipper/shredder that can handle everything up to a foot or more in
diameter... all that organic material would make great soil amendments. )

If any of the larger trees are hardwoods, consider putting up a sign for
free firewood.

No! Make that "Free wood for tuning turning"

Dave

"Greg" wrote in message
om...
Hi. We'll be cutting down trees, removing overgrown brush, etc. from
about 4000 sq. ft. of our downsloping lot. I've rented a large green
waste container, but can anyone suggest an efficient, cost-effective
way to get the stuff we cut uphill to the container at street level.
It's not possible to get any type of vehicle behind our house.

Right now, we're just thinking of putting as much as we can in either
boxes or heavy duty plastic bags, and having two people carry one of
these up, then repeat (and repeat...) I'll have two other guys
helping me. Thanks for any help.

--
Michael Vore, W3CCV M-ASA [Ka8]; WHIRL, ABC; CAW, CW, AAW
http://mike.vorefamily.net/ohmywoodness -Custom Woodworking
Old 16-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Henry Doolittle

You need a story teller. Year dosn't matter, place dosn't matter. "I
remember back in "X7" up in the _____ mountains we were up hunting. Worst
dang year for sketers. Big. Had to use a shotgun on them. Four of them
grabed Jimmey from behind. Didn't even see them comming. Flew off with him
to feed their young. Then a cold front came in. So cold the flame would
freeze right on the end of the match. Had to rub 2 match flames togeather
to warm them up to the point where we could start a fire. There we were
cold, out of amunition, out of food, snowed in. The bigest bear you ever
seen came into camp. Grabed an icicle and shoved it into the gun, aimed and
fired. The icicle went into his brain and melted, died of water on the
brain. Used the skin to build a teepee and survived the winter."

Henry

Old 17-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Tony Manella

Now THAT is a good story.
Tony Manella

"David Hill" wrote in message
"..... One of them will look over the edge and say "we had this problem

back
in 07" and while he is talking the rest will get the job done.