Old 04-10-2003, 07:02 AM
B & J

Default animals shit in my garden

"Mary" wrote in message
m...
Anyone else here hate "shit" as a verb?

Uh, where did you find "shit" used as a verb? I didn't see anyone saying,
"Shit on you!" The "shit" in this thread was definitely a noun (i.e.) an
object that one can see, feel, smell, and (if you're so inclined), taste!
;-)

John

Old 04-10-2003, 12:22 PM
pixi

Watch your language!!!

"Tim Spujum" wrote in message
m...
This is bad, every morning my garden and all the ways are full with
shit of various animals - hedgehogs,squirrels,birds etc.etc.

What can I do ?

Old 04-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Madgardener

check out the many referals George Carlin uses for the word
shit................it's more than a verb, it's a noun, adjective, pronoun,
quite the word monger, he is..............
"Mary" wrote in message
m...
Anyone else here hate "shit" as a verb?

:-)
"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
(Tim Spujum) wrote in
m:

This is bad, every morning my garden and all the ways are full

with
shit of various animals - hedgehogs,squirrels,birds etc.etc.

What can I do ?

This has got to be the funniest thread in a while.

Speaking as a citified dandy, if you can tell the difference between
hedgehog and squirrel shit, there's either way too much of it, or

you're
paying way too much attention.

Since when to squirrels and hedgehogs live in New Zealand?

-- S

Old 04-10-2003, 09:02 PM
TOM KAN PA

Uh, where did you find "shit" used as a verb? I didn't see anyone saying,
"Shit on you!" The "shit" in this thread was definitely a noun (i.e.) an object
that one can see, feel, smell, and (if you're so inclined), taste! ;-)
John
____Reply Separator_____
Let's not go picking on the wore "shit!" Shit may just be the most functional
word in the English language.

Consider this:

You can be shit faced,
Shit out of luck,
Or have shit for brains.

With a little effort, you can get your shit together,
Find a place for your shit
Or decide to shit or get off the pot.

You can smoke shit,
Buy shit, sell shit,
Lose shit, find shit,
Forget shit,
And tell others to eat shit and die.

Some people know their shit,
While others can't tell the difference between shit and
shineola.

There are lucky shits,
Dumb shits,
Crazy shits,
And sweet shits.

There is bull shit,
Horse shit
And chicken shit.

You can throw shit,
Sling shit,
Catch shit,
Shoot the shit,
Or duck when shit hits the fan.

You can give a shit
Or serve shit on a shingle.
You can find yourself in deep shit
Or be happier than a pig in shit.

Some days are colder than shit,
Some days are hotter than shit,
And some days are just plain shitty.

Some music sounds like shit,
Things can look like shit,
And there are times when you feel like shit.

You can have too much shit,
Not enough shit,
The right shit,
The wrong shit
Or a lot of weird shit.

You can carry shit,
Have a mountain of shit,
Or find yourself up shit creek without a paddle.

Sometimes everything you touch turns to shit,
And other times you fall in a bucket of shit and come out
smelling like a rose.

When you stop to consider all the facts,
It's the basic building block of creation.

And remember, once you know your shit,
You don't need to know anything else!

You could pass this along, if you give a shit!

Old 04-10-2003, 10:12 PM

On 04 Oct 2003 19:50:49 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

[...]

Tom,

Go easy! That's much more shit than I can take in one day!

Regards
Geoff

Old 04-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Registered User

Location: Lancashire

[quote]Originally posted by
[b]On 04 Oct 2003 19:50:49 GMT,
c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:
[color=blue]
[...]

I would just like to say that is the best description of life i have ever read WELL DONE]
Old 04-10-2003, 11:32 PM
JNJ

Uh, where did you find "shit" used as a verb? I didn't see anyone saying,
"Shit on you!" The "shit" in this thread was definitely a noun (i.e.) an
object that one can see, feel, smell, and (if you're so inclined), taste!
;-)

Unh unh -- it *IS* used in the subject line of this thread as a verb, not a
noun. The OP's subject line said... "animals shit in my garden" which is a
verb; not "animal shit in my garden" or "animal shits in my garden" which
are of course nouns. :-P

For a better dissertation on the uses of the word "shit", might I recommend
a little George Carlin? Grin

James

Old 05-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Salty Thumb

"JNJ" wrote in
:

Uh, where did you find "shit" used as a verb? I didn't see anyone
saying,
"Shit on you!" The "shit" in this thread was definitely a noun (i.e.)
an object that one can see, feel, smell, and (if you're so inclined),
taste! ;-)

Unh unh -- it *IS* used in the subject line of this thread as a verb,
not a noun. The OP's subject line said... "animals shit in my garden"
which is a verb; not "animal shit in my garden" or "animal shits in my
garden" which are of course nouns. :-P

For a better dissertation on the uses of the word "shit", might I
recommend a little George Carlin? Grin

James

hmm, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out,

but unless he's sitting out in the garden with a wireless connection and
a notebook computer, shouldn't it be:

animals shat in my garden
or
animals shitted in my garden ?

Old 05-10-2003, 12:22 AM
David Modine

And to keep it Garden Related,
for those who like to make DIY paving materials for garden pathways, don't
forget that some say they can
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

..
..
..
..

..
..
..
..
..
Shit a brick

"David Modine" wrote in message
Great shit Tom!!

Old 05-10-2003, 02:32 AM
B & J

"JNJ" wrote in message
Uh, where did you find "shit" used as a verb? I didn't see anyone

saying,
"Shit on you!" The "shit" in this thread was definitely a noun (i.e.) an
object that one can see, feel, smell, and (if you're so inclined),

taste!
;-)

Unh unh -- it *IS* used in the subject line of this thread as a verb, not

noun. The OP's subject line said... "animals shit in my garden" which is

verb; not "animal shit in my garden" or "animal shits in my garden" which
are of course nouns. :-P

For a better dissertation on the uses of the word "shit", might I

recommend
a little George Carlin? Grin

James

You're correct, of course, but I was looking at the body of the message and
not the subject line when I came to that conclusion. Anyway, I s*it
corrected! G

John

Old 05-10-2003, 02:42 AM
B & J

[...]

This is getting almost as good as Mads dissertation on how to evict
woodchucks, but nothing will ever top that. VBSEG

John

Old 08-10-2003, 08:12 PM
mmdeaton

Where I garden, we pay money for animal refuse. Of course, we compost it
before putting it into the garden. If I had your problem, I would gather it
up and add it to the compost pile. I would think the larger problem is that
these animals are dining on your garden plants. If they are not, then I
consider you blest.

--
Mary Deaton
Graduate Assistant

.. .

"Mary" wrote in message
m...
Anyone else here hate "shit" as a verb?

:-)
"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
(Tim Spujum) wrote in
m:

This is bad, every morning my garden and all the ways are full

with
shit of various animals - hedgehogs,squirrels,birds etc.etc.

What can I do ?

This has got to be the funniest thread in a while.

Speaking as a citified dandy, if you can tell the difference between
hedgehog and squirrel shit, there's either way too much of it, or

you're
paying way too much attention.

Since when to squirrels and hedgehogs live in New Zealand?

-- S

[IMG] code is On

Can I use my shit as fertilizer in my garden? Jacques De Molay Gardening 13 07-03-2009 04:58 AM
using foraging animals as lawnmower substitutes; return to having animals around every home a_plutonium Plant Science 0 07-06-2007 07:28 AM
Scat, Shit & Piss Ilinka Plant Science 1 23-04-2005 12:23 PM
Letter to all you shit fer brains war mongers VozDelReason United Kingdom 0 24-07-2004 02:08 PM
Loggers are shit. Loggers suck. worm alt.forestry 0 19-10-2002 12:48 PM