Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Christine Lipfert

Default Holes in my backyard and garden

Hello all..
I have found 3 holes in my backyard/garden within the past week. I'm
guessing it's probably some animal. At first I wasn't concerned but
the other night the varmit attacked my garden with the biggest hole
yet. I think my tomato plant is gone for good. (i'm in AZ) Anyways,
anyone have any idea what animal could be doing this? And more
important, how do i get rid of it??

The hole is 2 or 2 1/2" round, and the dirt pile is about a 14"
diameter around the hole and maybe 6" high. I can't say how deep the
hole is, at the risk of getting bitten I haven't put my fingers in it.
There's loose dirt in it, so it goes down further than you can see
into
it. If I was forced to guess or face a gruesome death I'd say it was
6"
to 8" deep.